monster sfx

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

alpha
Peon
Peon

monster sfx

Post by alpha »

I can't even imagine how many toes I'm stepping on. But if any of these help or are of use, please feel free. They are original creations and I have the audacity projects for each if needed.

If any are almost ready please let me know what might need to be done. Otherwise, reject anything that doesn't met standards.

If they are mostly ok, I will start making more. Systematically going through the monster and item sfx as time permits.

Thanks for the opportunity to add :D
mushroom-sfx-ogg-128k.zip
evil-mushroom-hurt(2)
evil-mushroom-die(1)
spiky-mushroom-hurt(3)
spiky-mushroom-die(1)
(62.58 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
butterfly-sfx-ogg-128k.zip
butterfly-hit(3)
butterfly-miss(2)
(31.54 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
scorpion-sfx-ogg-128k.zip
scorpion-die(2)
(22.21 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
alpha

PS I know the butterfly effects aren't on the wiki listed and may not have hooks. If not, just put them aside.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: monster sfx

Post by Chicka-Maria »

i cant say im to fond of the butterfly sound effects because it sounds like theyre hitting a piece of wood. The scorpion sounds are more like an attacking snake it might be best to go a bit softer when its dieing. For some of the mushroom ones it sounded like you twisted saliva in your mouth or were about to spit (evil-mushroom-hurt1.ogg)
I liked the spiky-mushroom-die1.ogg though sounded soft like something was dieing and i could see it fitting the shrooms. spiky-mushroom-hurt1.ogg sounds good but hurt2 doesnt seem to fit the shrooms along with hurt 3.

Great efforts, if you fix em up a bit ill look at them again.
keep up the good work

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

Chicka,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I know it's all seems a bit sloppy and disjointed but as a first attempt, I didn't expect to hit anything very close to the mark.

I'm excited you find any of it interesting and I will attempt some reedits taking everything you've said into account.

Btw, I didn't mean to make hork noises on those. It was all just random vocalizations. But now that I think on it, thats probably what some of it actually is :lol: .

Thanks also for your patience and your ear. I will try to be of maximum use and minimum annoyance.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

no worries alpha, its good for your first time trying to make sfx sounds and I really look forward to your future contributions.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.