more sfx (monster and player)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

alpha
Peon
Peon

more sfx (monster and player)

Post by alpha »

I had to break up my last post
spider-sfx-ogg-128k.zip
spider-hit(3)
spider-hurt(2)
spider-die(1)
(162.31 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
player-ui-sfx-ogg-128k.zip
player-ui-click(1)
player-ui-drop(2)
(30.79 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Again, thanks for allowing me to contrib. I hope some of it helps

alpha
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: more sfx (monster and player)

Post by Chicka-Maria »

player-ui-drop1 just sounds like a burp =/ lol but the drop2.ogg is interesting for a drop sound for multiple items at once. If a player only drops 1 item it should be more like a single drop.

heres an inspiration for the spider sounds maybe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzZXffnoT-o its a spider "in attack mode" and it starts hissing at around 30 seconds.

Thanks again for your contributions with a little work it can be much better.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

Drop1 was a glass ball into a narrow-necked plastic container, so yeah I can see it being like a burp (it's very hollow sounding). Drop2 was same glass ball into small ceramic cup. I was shooting for a bass selection and a treble selection, actual object drops. I'll work some re-edititorialization for salvage on those, I think I can work something for ya there :)

The spider thing is more from the classic spider "chattery-clicky" noises that are used in old movies for bugs of all sorts.

On the speak-n-say level version of sound association (duck goes "quack", dog goes "arf",...) I'm not sure spiders should go "hiss". But then what does spider go?

But that's not the real issue. If you would like a hissy spider (which i am game for) would you prefer a really processed stylized hiss, or a coughing hiss (there is a barking spider apperently), or do you have a preferance (surprise me!)?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

alpha wrote:The spider thing is more from the classic spider "chattery-clicky" noises that are used in old movies for bugs of all sorts.
You have to be careful about copyright issues ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

alpha wrote:On the speak-n-say level version of sound association (duck goes "quack", dog goes "arf",...) I'm not sure spiders should go "hiss". But then what does spider go?

But that's not the real issue. If you would like a hissy spider (which i am game for) would you prefer a really processed stylized hiss, or a coughing hiss (there is a barking spider apperently), or do you have a preferance (surprise me!)?
I would understand if people wanted to make odd noises for monsters in a fantasy game but i just dont see spiders being in that category with sound. In other RPG's they also use hiss like sounds for hissing RL animals. It would just give it more identity as a spider. Try the hissing i think it would be interesting. Perhaps make a selection of different hissing and pick which sounds best.

Regards,
Yubaba
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

Chicka - I can see either. Again "classically" spiders don't have a noise they make. Thank you for making a choice, the direction is very helpful and I'm working toward those ends.

@o11c - I'm aware of the gpl licensing imperitive for all content within tmw. All the sounds I'm creating are sourced from my own means using only foss tools to manipulate (mostly audacity (gpl2) with C*/buitin/TAP addins, possibly lmms (gpl2)) . Nothing I bring will be source derivative of other works, there's no fun in that anyhow.

If anyone would like the projects, effects chains, or recording processes that I used to source or manip a sound, I can make them available by whatever means is convinent to them. Unless I forgot how I did it, in which case I might be boned as to how to recreate it.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

alpha wrote:Chicka - I can see either. Again "classically" spiders don't have a noise they make. Thank you for making a choice, the direction is very helpful and I'm working toward those ends..
smaller spiders classically dont have a noise to make, but the bigger spiders to. I would assume the same of the spider was the size of the sprite (like it is in the game). I cant wait to hear more sounds from you keep up the work.

Regards,
Yubaba
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

I'm just glad they make some noise or I would be out of work. :mrgreen: