player-drop edits

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

alpha
Peon
Peon

player-drop edits

Post by alpha »

Chicka - you commented that my originally submitted player-ui-drop2 was interesting but that it sounded like a multiple drop because (I think) of the bounce noise

Here are the re-edits I promised
Attachments
player-drop2-edits.zip
player-drop2(2)
(16.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: player-drop edits

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Much better as a single drop, feel free to keep replying in the same thread and prevent making new ones every time something is improved. I like the first drop sound, sounds like something falling on rock. Would you mind making more samples of different drop sounds? test some things as in echo or wooden drops. Different materials make different drop sounds it will be cool if we can test and pick the best one.

Cant wait to see more from ya.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

This may take a little longer than I'm used to, but it should be worth it. I'm cutting and pre-processing about 10 mins of sound into the 90+ drop effects. There are water noise, metal, lots of stone, brass, etc.

Most of the stuff so far actually sounds like hits more than dropping noises, so I may bundle a series for that consideration as well.

I hope to have the hysterically large mass of it sorted in a day or 3. I'm shooting for a top 8-10 so you won't have to weed through a lot.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

ok that really was a lot more than I expected, the chopshop is currently at 212 items and I haven't completed the last two raw files and there is a set of 5 raws I made this morning for more dead bassy drops.

Here are the 19 most exemplary items. For each one you hear there may be dozens of different variants, so don't be shy about a little "but more like ----".

Oh - and these are in the original ~240k vbr, if you like one - I can transcode it down to 128k in a snap. I'm getting lazy after categorizing the chopshop.

Also I noticed that I have been working completely in mono and the spec for tmw sfx calls for stereo, if you need something spruced up let me know.
picks1.zip
player-drop(9)
(125.17 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
picks2.zip
player-drop(10)
(134.3 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
(had to split the zips)