plant death sfx

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

alpha
Peon
Peon

plant death sfx

Post by alpha »

Hear (*cough*), um ... Here are a number of plant death noises I intended for use for the herb plants. As they don't "fight" and are of such low hp, about all they do is die.

die1 is a crunchy leafy explosion-y sound
die2 is a curt single leaf crunch
die3 a more twiggy snap
die4 is more of a rustle of leaf

As always let me know what you like or don't like, I don't expect any of this to make cut. Unfortunately my area is in a drought atm so juicy leafy noise are harder to come by (and record), but if that is more like what you would want I'll see what I can do :)
plant-dies.zip
plant-die(4)
(61 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: plant death sfx

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Out of all of them i liked plant-die2.ogg we can use this for the game for the plants, but first is there a way you can make the sharpness of the sound a bit softer? Id like to compare the two. Great job!

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Re: plant death sfx

Post by alpha »

My money is on 2-2, but 2-3 is quieter... who knows.

2-1 sounds like a sewing machine cycle, but it was done with a completely different method (re-eq vs hi-pass filter)

Let me know.
plant-die2s.zip
plant-die2(3)
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 87 times