Trying to make minor fix on 009-4

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Trying to make minor fix on 009-4

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Last edited by SudoPlatypus on 04 Apr 2013, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Trying to make minor fix on 009-4

Post by Crush »

Moved from Feedback to Content Development
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

oh boy thanks for reporting that but removing the collision tiles is not the way to fix this.
I feel like I forgot to readd tiles when fixing the tilesets.

I'll have a look at this and fix it by the end of the day.

I'd be really happy to explain to you in IRC how to do all the map stuff. The tutorials on the wiki are confusing and some are outdated.

atm we're using cvs as compression but soon we'll be back on gzip because 0.5 mac clients cannot use cvs formated files.

If you want to convert from tmx to wlk you have to use the tool by o11c in tools.
Before working hours without a step forward just ask in IRC :) will save a lot of time.

greets
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

It's as simple as changing your Tiled settings.

Edit->Preferences->Store tiled layer data as: CSV

A future version of Tiled will probably do use the existing format as default, but I haven't had time to respond to the patch review.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

o11c wrote:A future version of Tiled will probably do use the existing format as default, but I haven't had time to respond to the patch review.
What about all the other projects which use Tiled. Would they approve such a change?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

o11c wrote:A future version of Tiled will probably do use the existing format as default, but I haven't had time to respond to the patch review.
The TMW server had serious and unforeseen problems with CSV format maps. Why would this would even be considered as the default format?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Crush wrote:
What about all the other projects which use Tiled. Would they approve such a change?
I think you might have missunderstood what o11c said, he doesn't mean that Tiled will use CSV as default, but will by default keep the format that's already used in the map. That's especially useful for people who contribute to more than one project that use Tiled for their maps, but which agreed to use different formats. See here for more details: https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/issues/241
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Jenalya wrote:I think you might have missunderstood what o11c said, he doesn't mean that Tiled will use CSV as default, but will by default keep the format that's already used in the map.
Yes, that's how I misunderstood o11c's post. Thank you for clearing that up.
  • NOT a game master