PvP-Event Testing Server

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

PvP-Event Testing Server

Post by tux9th »

Hi guys,
A new PvP-Event was introduced into the Testing Server and I wanted to hear some feedback what to change what bugs there are etc.

To try this event you have to have at least 3 Players around. Each of them needs 150GP and the one who starts the event needs 5000GP.

You can find the Event-NPC at 009-6 or you can walk to the Hurnscald cave then go south and quite in the middle turn west and go to the NPC which looks like a Warppoint. at 162,81 or something like that on 009-3.

What kind of event is this:
It is a PvP Last-Man-Standing-Event. I felt that PvP lacked sense and therfore invented a PvP Event which I think is fun.
You pay the NPC wait a few minutes, then end up in a Cave where you can fight each other and the last man alive will get a reward. It's simple.

Known Bugs:
  • Event Starts at -4 Seconds, Timer needs fixing
  • You can start the event with 3 Players it doesn't matter whether they are alive or dead.
  • Logging out and respawning in the PvP-Cave at 009-5 is possible
  • Paying twice getting two announcements
Try it out and report back here what you think and what needs fixing and what could be improved.

so far tuX
Last edited by tux9th on 16 Aug 2012, 08:39, edited 2 times in total.
ZdlN
Novice
Novice

Re: PvP-Event Testing Server

Post by ZdlN »

Maybe you can add a information for what you should pay the 150 gp... if a noob don't know this, he want to enter and wast his/her money only to see an old man :lol:
"What's a philosopher? A man who opposes nature against law, reason against custom, his consciousness against public opinion, and its judgment against error."
Sébastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort (6 avril 1740-13 avril 1794)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited"
Albert Einstein (14.03.1879-18.04.1955)

both translated by the player Nard
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

Love the idea. Testing it now.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
ZdlN
Novice
Novice

Post by ZdlN »

pls. prevent, that noone can relog the char in the battle - like it is in candor.
atm it is possible to do that.

it's also atm possible to start two events simultaneous - so two players spend money an two announcements are made.

But very nice - also on testserver ;) - realy fun
"What's a philosopher? A man who opposes nature against law, reason against custom, his consciousness against public opinion, and its judgment against error."

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

ZdlN wrote:pls. prevent, that noone can relog the char in the battle - like it is in candor.
atm it is possible to do that.
Oh yeah, consider it done. I don't know when this will be pushed to the testing server but I fixed that on my local machine
ZdlN wrote: it's also atm possible to start two events simultaneous - so two players spend money an two announcements are made.
I don't know how this could be possible. Could you tell me how to reproduce it and where it breaks?

from a private message
ZdlN wrote: Why are you ported in and out of the cave even when dead
This is not a "bug". The command who warps doesn't care whether a player is a alive or dead. Therfore you're warped alive and dead. It looks stupid I admit but it really doesn't matter because the dead players can't move nor do they count in any calculation.

btw. Known Bugs are listed just for you to not care for those because I already fixed them on my local machine.
ZdlN
Novice
Novice

Post by ZdlN »

tux9th wrote:I don't know how this could be possible. Could you tell me how to reproduce it and where it breaks?
hm - what seems to me like two players begin the talk with the old man nearly simultaneus and so both of them had the chance to say spend money...

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

ZdlN wrote:
tux9th wrote:I don't know how this could be possible. Could you tell me how to reproduce it and where it breaks?
hm - what seems to me like two players begin the talk with the old man nearly simultaneus and so both of them had the chance to say spend money...
aahh!
found the problem fixed it. Thanks!
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Glad to see this off and running! :D
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I updated the testserver with some fixes from tux. :)
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Did anyone test the bugfixes?
Is there anything else to change or fix?

greets tux
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

Thanks for the nice script. I have some suggestions:
1) Putting a time limit once the fight starts (to prevent players from blocking the cave)
2) Calculate the reward taking in consideration the number of players involved in the fight.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

alastrim wrote:Thanks for the nice script. I have some suggestions:
1) Putting a time limit once the fight starts (to prevent players from blocking the cave)
2) Calculate the reward taking in consideration the number of players involved in the fight.
1. I thought about that but... What timelimit do you have in mind?
2. It does that? How do you want to improve/change it?
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

tux9th wrote:
alastrim wrote:Thanks for the nice script. I have some suggestions:
1. I thought about that but... What timelimit do you have in mind?
2. It does that? How do you want to improve/change it?
Oh, sorry, I just saw it already does 2. And now that I think about the time limit, if we put it we could interrupt a good fight.

Maybe adding a debug option that allows a gm to reset the fight in case of abuse?
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

alastrim wrote: Oh, sorry, I just saw it already does 2. And now that I think about the time limit, if we put it we could interrupt a good fight.

Maybe adding a debug option that allows a gm to reset the fight in case of abuse?
There is no need to input a debug for a GM he just has to checkout who is in the cave, warp into the cave then kill all the players in the cave and he gets the reward because he's the last man standing. No harm done there.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

New features should not require GM attention to work properly. When they do, they are broken by design.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.