About beds [split from "mapping error"]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

About beds [split from "mapping error"]

Post by tux9th »

update on beds:
http://sagdas.net/bilder/beds/
that what nards idea looks like. In my opinion this still doesn't look good. Help me out and tell me how to fix beds.

if you want to see for yourself clone this https://github.com/tux9th/tmwa-client-data.git and check it out on 009-1 (look at the screens to find the bed or just look for it lol :D

greets tux
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: About beds [split from "mapping error"]

Post by Crush »

I would suggest to place the foot-end and the blanket on a separate fringe tile. That way it would cover a player who is on the bed and it would look like the player character is sleeping in the bed. Some resizing and moving of the bed tiles will be necessary to place the characters head on the pillow and the body under the blanket. I hope you can do it without changing the width and height in tiles, otherwise a lot of map changes could be necessary.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I don't know how to do that.
But if the blanket is over the player and you can walk there; it looks like you're standing under the blanket yet the head is above. sounds strange though :S

I wouldn't know how to do that though. It's up for someone else. In my opinion this doesn't have highest priority :P!

greets
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

tux9th wrote:update on beds:
http://sagdas.net/bilder/beds/
that what nards idea looks like. In my opinion this still doesn't look good. Help me out and tell me how to fix beds.
When I talked about that, I knew that there was no possibility to conciliate lying and sitting with actual tilesets.
Crush wrote:I would suggest to place the foot-end and the blanket on a separate fringe tile. That way it would cover a player who is on the bed and it would look like the player character is sleeping in the bed. Some resizing and moving of the bed tiles will be necessary to place the characters head on the pillow and the body under the blanket. I hope you can do it without changing the width and height in tiles, otherwise a lot of map changes could be necessary.
I love the idea!. Do you mean on another layer? like trees?
tux9th wrote:I don't know how to do that.
But if the blanket is over the player and you can walk there; it looks like you're standing under the blanket yet the head is above. sounds strange though :S
Yes it looks likes standing but also like lying under blanket, provided you wear your shoes and helmet off :P
I wouldn't know how to do that though. It's up for someone else. In my opinion this doesn't have highest priority :P!
Sure! There are far higher ones but, I am happy that someone has this "problem" in mind. Maybe we can find a better solution in the future.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Hi!

Have a look on this image :idea:

Johanne :mrgreen:
Attachments
La Petite Vie.jpg
La Petite Vie.jpg (44.67 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.