055-1/3 056-1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Re: 055-1/3 056-1

Post by baedamichi »

In general, I like the maps and the spawn points a lot. Finally another place to hunt for red and yellow slimes.

Just out of curiosity, where exactly on the world map will these maps be put?

Just a little bug here:
That warppoint is wrongly labelled "to cave", when it actually leads outside...

Another thing I wonder about is why trees would grow on a cobblestone path (where 056-1 ends in the north)...
But that's not really a bug. 8)

Regards, Baeda
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_2.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_2.png (141.52 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I will look into the bugs you reported on monday. Thanks for that

regarding the trees on cobblestone:
It's a magic forest taking over what men created. It's revolting and regrowing. So it grows out of cobblestone destroying the road etc.

It's not a bug it will fit into the storyline. Once you can test the quest you'll probably get it. and if you don't we can talk again then ;)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Shouldn't the dock on 055-1 be walkable?

remark: I prefer when undergrounds roughly correspond to surface geography such as in western woodlands, or caves beneath Hurnscald. I can imagine some climbing during the warps, but translations less easily.
Last edited by Nard on 10 Sep 2012, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Ha :D
Good point!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I don't like that much the name "Port City" which was more a generic one than a definitive choice: here are some Ideas:
  • Bywater
  • Port Natypla
  • Wombat Bay (abbreviates to Wombay, could also be located in TMW indies which every one knows are located in the far south of the world. It 's name comes from a small and kind but tough animal, also called the Jumpy )
  • Elven Harbour
  • Codington
  • Kagesborough
  • North Modanung
  • New Bjornland ( New Bjork :?: :P )
  • St Alastrim-on-the-sea
  • Narutiana Beach
  • Jaxburg
  • Fort Tramber
  • Thorwald (also known as Tuxville)
  • Omido-auf-Wiedersehen (Die Wiedersehen is the river that the city is built on)
  • Ecaroh (tribute to Sonny Rolins and Horace Silver)
  • HasenzahnHafen (great at Easter period and wink to a great friend of mine)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am all in favor of naming places in honor of developers, but you shouldn't do it that obviously. Maybe continue the tradition we started with the woodland village and use anagrams?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Crush wrote:I am all in favor of naming places in honor of developers, but you shouldn't do it that obviously. Maybe continue the tradition we started with the woodland village and use anagrams?
Dibs on "eel oven sea"
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

What about 'Mistrala'?
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Jenalya wrote:What about 'Mistrala'?
In France Mistral is a strong wind :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.