Item Manager Problem

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Edo153
Newly Registered User

Item Manager Problem

Post by Edo153 »

Hi everyone! :)
My name's Edo and I'm Italian, so I'm sorry for my english.
I'm trying to create my own server using Manaserv and I am using the data that are in the example folder,
but after compiling it and setting it up, I open the gameserver and I get this error:

Code: Select all

[18:08:11] [WRN] Unknown targetmode  assuming being.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -1 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -2 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -3 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -4 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -5 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -6 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -7 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -8 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -9 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -10 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -11 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -12 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -13 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -14 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -15 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -16 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Item ID: -100 is invalid in items.xml, and will be ignored.
[18:08:11] [WRN] Item Manager: Cooldown property not implemented yet!
And then nothing happens, while the accountserver works perfectly.
I compiled it by CodeBlocks on Windows 7 and I use SQLite.

When I try to connect to my server using the Mana Client I get this error:

Why I get those errors? How do I fix them?

Thank you all, Edo :D
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Item Manager Problem

Post by Crush »

The warnings in the server console are harmless and unlikely to hint on your real problem.

The client error popup you posted below means that the client doesn't have the content data it needs to play on your server. You can either copy all the content into the data directory of your client installation or set up an update host.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Item Manager Problem

Post by Ablu »

You can run your client with mana -u -d /path/to/data

The warnings in the server are harmless. They only point out the hair and race sprites that are in the items.xml (with negative id).

Best regards,
Ablu