TMW Android app source code wanted!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

TMW Android app source code wanted!

Post by PyroSamurai »

I've been try to find someone who has the Android App source code for the TMW app that cpasjuste wrote but have had little success. I've contacted cpasjuste for the code but he does not respond. Since the source code wasn't distributed with the app like it should have been and he didn't document the project's progress with something like google code subversions, I have found no way to get the code other than from other people who got it before he took it off his server. So I am pleading with the members of this forum to share the source code with me if they have it. It is important. I am trying to update the app to the new manasource/manaplus interface.
Last edited by PyroSamurai on 28 Oct 2012, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
[ Land of Fire ] TMW server Web Developer

~Pyro
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Re: TMW Android app source code wanted!

Post by Ablu »

We have the source somewhere. I will try to dig it out and publish here.
PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

Post by PyroSamurai »

Ablu wrote:We have the source somewhere. I will try to dig it out and publish here.
Thank you so much. Best of luck finding it.

~Pyro
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

bjorn uploaded it here: http://themanaworld.org/files/tmw-android-src.zip

NOTE: This is how we recieved the source from the maintainer of the app. It is no release tarball. And it won't work with current data iirc

Regards
Ablu
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Since this is a large file, and connecting to the server is sometimes flaky, the checksums might be useful:

tmw@platinum:~/public_html/www/files$ md5sum tmw-android-src.zip
3a0d93225ae1a9831b0101c71930931f tmw-android-src.zip
tmw@platinum:~/public_html/www/files$ sha1sum tmw-android-src.zip
d8508ef9116d7e8774c32e3af47019cf54934482 tmw-android-src.zip
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

Post by PyroSamurai »

Thank You! Ablu and o11c I am very grateful for your help. I could not have found it otherwise :) I will host the download on my personal server and other reliable places to reduce the possibility of bad downloads.

~Pyro
PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

Post by PyroSamurai »

I've dropbox'ed it. Here is the link if anybody else needs it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14009525/tmw-android-src.zip

~Pyro
PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

Post by PyroSamurai »

What was given was not the source files but just the resources. I have reverse-engineered the app to obtain the java sources. This contains the java source files for more than just the tmw app. It will stay as is. The new app that I will make will be released under a different name and not on this forum. :) Feel free to develop a better app than me just make sure you actually give all the source files in the download or available for download elsewhere for the rest of eternity lol.

P.S. You need both of the downloads.

~Pyro
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

PyroSamurai wrote:What was given was not the source files but just the resources. I have reverse-engineered the app to obtain the java sources. This contains the java source files for more than just the tmw app. It will stay as is. The new app that I will make will be released under a different name and not on this forum. :) Feel free to develop a better app than me just make sure you actually give all the source files in the download or available for download elsewhere for the rest of eternity lol.

P.S. You need both of the downloads.
In initial sources not included SDL and some other libs. In SDL sources exists java code too.
Probably missing SDL source code changes.
Also used unknown SDL commit. But look like very old.
PyroSamurai
Newly Registered User

Post by PyroSamurai »

As far as the SDL sources go, 4144, there are many sdl resources in the "source" that tmw gave me. I haven't really had the time to look too deeply but I imagine that the app may download the sdl sources in the initial download considering how many outside repository links I have seen in the code so far. The SDL versions used in the rendering the app are SDL, SDL 1.2, and SDL 1.3.

P.S. I'm posting whatever I can find or get. I'm not changing them in any way and I did not make it. It is not a well made app. Just finding out how the original app was made will be a daunting task for me as the original maker of the app has abandoned it and hasn't bother to give any documentation on how he did it or respond to anyone who asks. It is a mystery and I'm trying to track down the clues. Yes, everything about this app is old. He made a pandora port for tmw as well but never released it to the public as far as I know.

~Pyro