new connection to 044-1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

new connection to 044-1

Post by tux9th »

Hi guys,
I talked to Nard about the map 044-1. We both agreed that Ali-G did a really great job on this map and it is very very hard to reach and hardly any players even know that it does exist. We came up with the idea to connect a different cave system to that map to make the access of this map more easy.

You can test the access on the mainserver and on the testing server.
Currently on the Testing server it is that way:
You go to Nivalis Town, go to the map south of it (019-1) then enter the Snow Cave (019-3) go to the Deeper Snow Cave (019-4) and then go through the Deeper Snow Cave to 044-1.

On the Mainserver it is this way:
You have to go to the Snow Labirynth (where Cindy is at) and then wiggle through there go through many many caves and finally if you pick the right exit you end up on 044-1.

I would like you to review this change, tell me if you find any errors on the maps and then tell me what you think about this new connection.

greetings tuX
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Re: new connection to 044-1

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Last edited by SudoPlatypus on 04 Apr 2013, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

I tested on the testing server:

I took the path to Snow path 19-1, error at 019-3, 57,45, I see the particles to the entrance but I can't access to 019-4 to the Deeper Snow Cave. Sorry I can not see the new connection. :oops:

Johanne
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:I prefer the access to this area that way it is, because having areas hard to get to adds contrast in game play. [...]
Your opinion is a solid argument and maybe the access to this map could be made more difficult if the game background justifies it. The actual warp location (on main) can still be re-used to reach some future map with appropriate content.

The reasons why I contacted Tux9th about it have nothing to do with the difficulty to reach it, it is more a geographical one:
044-1 is, geographically speaking, close to (counterclockwise) 030-1 (romantic place), 019-1 (snowfield), 033-1 (Barbarians Camp),034-1 (snow forest). I found it rather unreadable that 044-1 had to be reached from the 031 maps, whose caves go roughly to north-north east direction to lead to 044-1 which is far south-west from them. I know that in Mana World, magic has much importance but I found that hard to admit. Thus the suggestion to begin the path to it from the snow field caves, which have, at the moment little interest.

:arrow: @Tux9th: At the moment, I cannot warp from 019-3, access and path through 031-3 unchanged compared to main

Nard

edit: mistyping :oops:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

The warps are back in. Sorry for the inconvinience;
Void must've kicked them out by his updates on the server :P

I got no time to reply to what you said I will do that in a few hours.

greets

http://sagdas.net/mana/pictures/kaizei.png
thats a picture of the kaizei I rendered. make you understand how it is

greets
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Far better now and more consistent with geography, Yay! :D
Maybe 019-3 can be developed later if content requires a bit more difficulties. to reach 044-1. (or why not a connection through 044-3?)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I don't see why it should be hard to come to 044-1 as in 044-1 are only weak monsters like wolverns rainboos squirrels etc. It's not a place where only high level players go but a place where all players go.

So Qwerty you can always use 031-1 as it is now but I don't see why it should be so hard to get there.
Regarding Geography I estimated the distance between the entrances and it's now up to 15 - 20 tiles correct.

greets

Edit:

I can make more than one Level of this cave to reach there. If you want to I can also make it with yetis etc. but you have to explain to me why a map with only wolvern and rainboos is hidden behind a Yeti covered cavesystem with iceelements etc. I don't think that this is coherent with the rest of the maps.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

bump.

Does anyone of the above have another comment?

edit:
because no one answered me anymore I couldn't discuss it further therefore applied my changes after talking it over with Jenalya.

Greets

(mod please close)