Guild tag next the character name

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Edo153
Newly Registered User

Guild tag next the character name

Post by Edo153 »

Hello everyone, I want to create a new TMW server.
The content is now ready, but I still have to fix a few things on the server before releasing it.
I would like that next to the name of the player will be the name of his guild, for example:

charactername (guildname)

How can I do it? I do not know which file I need to edit :/
Thank you all for your help, Edo.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Guild tag next the character name

Post by tux9th »

That's currently not possible.
all players who have their guild tag next to their name created a char with the guild tag in front of the name.

greets
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Anyway, the Guild and Party appear in the windoid that appears when mouse is over a character in manaplus.

CRC-Nard :wink:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Edo153
Newly Registered User

Post by Edo153 »

tux9th wrote:That's currently not possible.
all players who have their guild tag next to their name created a char with the guild tag in front of the name.
Ok, but I want that all the players have a tag next to their name, is it impossible?
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Edo153 wrote:
tux9th wrote:That's currently not possible.
Ok, but I want that all the players have a tag next to their name, is it impossible?
Now impossible.
If I not wrong most time server send only guild id and not guild name.
This mean player can see guild names only for same guild players.
In official server native guild forbidden and because this i not totally sure is possible to know all guild names for client.
I will check it bit after.

Anyway guilds support you can get only in manaplus.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Maybe when I implement #channels one of them could be used for announcing guild membership.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.