Desert Helmet Quest Create by Depredador

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Psychodelic
Novice
Novice

Desert Helmet Quest Create by Depredador

Post by Psychodelic »

Hi everyone l give my quest to The Mana World. l'm New to scripts.
Attachments
Npc Warrior.txt
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Psychodelic
Novice
Novice

Re: Desert Helmet Quest Create by Depredador

Post by Psychodelic »

Printed....

file:///C:/Users/INTEL/Pictures/mana/Desert%20Helmet%20Printed.png
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Some technical problems that should be fixed (I am not considering storyline/balance issues yet):
  • The file has CRLF, not LF terminators. I think this might just be the forum, though (and it's easy enough to fix).
  • File name has spaces.
  • Bad indentation. All indentation should be 4 spaces, there should be no tabs.
  • Lots of spelling/grammar issues. A good working knowledge of the English language is essential for doing anything on the internet. We can correct specifics, but there are currently too many for me to want to deal with it.
  • We no longer put square brackets around item names.
  • Don't use countitem > 11, use countitem >= 12 - and use a named constant instead of a literal.
  • Use bitmasking. We have lots of variables that are only partially used.
  • The logic for the jump from L_Check2 to L_Progress2 is wrong
  • The L_noRoom check should test whether the delitem will erase all the items from one of the slots. Actually, since equipment doesn't stack at all, the check is not needed (but a comment about why it is unneeded should be left)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Psychodelic wrote:file:///C:/Users/INTEL/Pictures/mana/Desert%20Helmet%20Printed.png
When you want to post an image from your own computer, use the "Upload attachment" feature. When you write or edit a forum post, you can find it below the message body text input.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.