MySQL

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

triggs
Peon
Peon

MySQL

Post by triggs »

I have searched all over and couldn't find the answer to my question so here it is:

Does tmwAthena Server currently support MySQL, if so how do I go about activating it?
--J Triggs
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: MySQL

Post by Frost »

triggs wrote:Does tmwAthena Server currently support MySQL?
No.
triggs
Peon
Peon

Post by triggs »

Frost wrote:
triggs wrote:Does tmwAthena Server currently support MySQL?
No.
Awww Ok :(
--J Triggs
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

And long-term, when I implement support for SQL, it will *not* be MySQL. Rather, it will be either SQLite or Postgres. I've gone into detail about why previously.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:I've gone into detail about why previously.
missing reference :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:
o11c wrote:I've gone into detail about why previously.
missing reference :)
This post and also my reply later in the same thread: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 10#p127328
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

The reasons you explain there are damned good ones, anf it is a pity because mySQL is also a damned good database development environment :/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.