Speed Skill quest bug?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Speed Skill quest bug?

Post by 0x0BAL »

I wanted to say that when you talk to miriam , die and teleport to pachua using the spell at that house, miriam doesnt recheck your items or weigh. So i dont know if its a bug .
I tried it first using a knight helmet, she refused at me to start, then i dropped it, started , picked it up, died, teleported and with the helmet equiped i restarted and completed it.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Speed Skill quest bug?

Post by Jenalya »

I just had a look at the script, and it seems you have to pass the check of your equipment, inventory and stats only once, and afterwards can start the race in any condition. I agree that this doesn't seem to make much sense, so it probably can be considered a bug, though I don't know if the authors had something specific in mind with this.
We'll see what to do about it.
Thanks for the report. :)