TEST: South Tulimshar and Bandit quest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TEST: South Tulimshar and Bandit quest

Post by Jenalya »

I did some restructuring of the quest series with the starter quests in South Tulimshar, Lieutnant Dausen and the miners, and the bandit quest. https://github.com/jtoelke/tmwa-server- ... /variables
With my changes, the bandit quest is completely independent from the Tulimshar quests. Also the quests with the kids in Tulimshar can be done in parallel, but are still required to get the tasks from Lieutnant Dausen and the miners.

The NPCs that are affected are:
Tulimshar: Bernard, Mikhail, Sandra, Sarah, Vincent, edit: and Gladys, Town Gossip
Desert: Lieutnant Dausen, Nickos, Stewen
Mine: Naem, Nathan, Sema, the triggers, the chest, the entrances
Bandit quest: Lena, Bryant, the barrier to the bandit lord's hideout

The changes are available on the testing server. Please test, talk to the NPCs in different orders, and give me feedback if there are any inconsistencies. :)
Whistler
Peon
Peon

Re: TEST: South Tulimshar and Bandit quest

Post by Whistler »

Hi,
Gladys gives hints and "directs" the new player, she's fine that far.
About Dausen, if i follow the quest until getting the right to enter the cave and then speak to
Dausen again, he reset the quest to the beguining, wich blocks the cave entrance and you
have to redo Dausen to regain cave access.
Off topic, but not far, the tutorial "based on the official 0.5 series" might need to be updated.
Giving hints and gently direct the players with "gladys" is a good way to help new comers.
http://themanaworld.net/ a well known host for real players.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TEST: South Tulimshar and Bandit quest

Post by Jenalya »

Thanks for testing! :)
Whistler wrote: About Dausen, if i follow the quest until getting the right to enter the cave and then speak to
Dausen again, he reset the quest to the beguining, wich blocks the cave entrance and you
have to redo Dausen to regain cave access.
Good catch, I just fixed that and updated the testserver.
Whistler wrote: Off topic, but not far, the tutorial "based on the official 0.5 series" might need to be updated.
That's a good idea. I'm going to see what exactly to put there. I suppose at the moment it'd make sense to mention both mana and manaplus.