beanie copter cap-quest idea

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: beanie copter cap-quest idea

Post by veryape »

Jenalya wrote:There's currently no chance to make Milly happy again after you declined the cap, so this is actually a quest you can fail to do.
I was unsure about that when implementing the script, but then decided to go with what veryape conceived.
Veryape, what do you think about that? Should we add a possibility to reconcile Milly after you declined the cap or rather leave it like it is currently?
Hrm I guess a small tweak could be that if you refuse the hat she will say that she is sorry as now. but you get a chance to say something like "I was just kidding of course i want that cap" .. my concept that of the whole cenario is that she idolizes you. And that this somehow works as love, she could become happy if you respond positively to her idolization, or sad if you show now interest in her (just as love). So the "Ill just give it to Kfhar"-option is out of line with this concept.

So, my suggestion is to make her say "Why don't you continue your travels elswhere" and you could answer.

1. Good bye.

2. Of course I want your hat! (or something along those lines)
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Perhaps could nasty player have to pay something for making her sad too :twisted: :an extra boring task, coming back to her with flowers or some generous action to an old man (fortunately there is one just nearby).
Veryape, I like your scenario.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Edit of NPC dialog and player responses.
I used this source:
https://github.com/jtoelke/tmwa-server- ... /milly.txt
raw veiw:
https://raw.github.com/jtoelke/tmwa-ser ... /milly.txt
Edited version is in attachment.
The diff version is easiest to read, seeing the changes. Changes are highlighted good in Pluma with diff veiw.
Attachments
Milly.zip
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Qwerty: Thank you! As usual, your text preserves idea and adds style. I hope Veryape and Jenalya will appreciate and accept.
Script writer wrote:

Code: Select all

L_Idiot:
     mes "[Milly]";
-    mes "\"Are you really sure? It is a lovely cap.\"";
btw Jenalya, I am a bit sad to see, while reading the script, that I was an idiot be sure that it will be reported to Admins! :wink:

Nard
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I read thru it and certainly approves!

Thanks alot qwertydragon, your additions indeed made the conversation better!

Nard.. the idiot-thing is something that survived from my first draft of this npc-script, just tried to name everything so there would be no conflict and that it was easy for me to remember.

Now, lets wait and see what Ali-G makes of the cap, I think his first versions look promising.

I am truly happy that so many people has showed interest and shared their skills and thoughts in this project!
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I put the changes made by Qwerty Dragon into a commit https://github.com/jtoelke/tmwa-server- ... e95094dd31 and then changed the script so you can apologize after declining the cap, to be able to still get it: https://github.com/jtoelke/tmwa-server- ... 4e3c6404f6

The testserver is up-to-date with those changes.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Oops, this got by me.

"Your good deeds and your skill is indisputable! However..."
Please change to:
"Your skill and good deeds are indisputable! However..."

*The quest worked great with no problem.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (245.15 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I amended the commit about Qwerty's changes and updated the testserver.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

veryape wrote:I read thru it and certainly approves!
Nard.. the idiot-thing is something that survived from my first draft of this npc-script, just tried to name everything so there would be no conflict and that it was easy for me to remember.
[...]
I am truly happy that so many people has showed interest and shared their skills and thoughts in this project!
Ape, I was joking :lol:
Good ideas, good vibes, make people wish to help even a bit. :D
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Fine to me too. I apologized :oops:
Fly.png
Fly.png (94.39 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
I could even fly a bit.
(testing a second time with another char. I report only in case of issue. Then I write wiki page and submit to your comments)

Nard
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Milly's hero Wiki pages are online; please give your opinion and suggestions, or improve it by yourself. :)

Nard