TEST: server code changes

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: TEST: server code changes

Post by Nard »

Actually connecting to testing server makes display buggy (client data)?
Char sprites display as "Error". Cursor issues, no map, no monster sprites, Particles display wrongly....
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Nard wrote:Actually connecting to testing server makes display buggy (client data)?
Char sprites display as "Error". Cursor issues, no map, no monster sprites, Particles display wrongly....
There was a problem with the client-updates. tux9th applied a temporary fix, so it should work for now, and later we have to fix it properly.
Nard wrote:Maybe it could be possible to use the second testing server to avoid mixing possible bugs coming from new content and those coming from sever code change?
Considering the big amount of server changes currently, I agree that this is something worth to consider.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Jenalya wrote:
Nard wrote:Maybe it could be possible to use the second testing server to avoid mixing possible bugs coming from new content and those coming from sever code change?
Considering the big amount of server changes currently, I agree that this is something worth to consider.
But I *want* wide exposure ... otherwise people testing content won't hit the code bugs.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

The bug with skills should be fixed now.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Fixed a bug with #chipchip spell. The bug was actually in the data repository, merely exposed by the server.

As a result, at the world menu, only the "Stable Server" is fixed, the "Testing Server" is still running bad data as it must be upgraded manually rather than automatically.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Made another change, not a bugfix - the first of 3 in atcommands, mostly just to make later changes easier. Handling of unknown commands is slightly different, everything else should be the same I think.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Probably fixed the regen-is-always-the-minimum issue.

Got a crash related to crossing the 50% overweight boundary (I was actually investigating that when I found the cause of the other bug).
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Fixed the chest armor visual bug.

Only one known bug remaining!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

No more known bugs!

Please try very hard to break the test server so we can put this code on the main server.