TEST: server code changes

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

TEST: server code changes

Post by o11c »

I've pushed a bunch of code changes and built them on the server, after local testing seemed to indicate nothing major broken.

Please test by doing all quests, spells, and combat.

Still haven't fixed the biggest performance problems, but I've finally finished nearly all the steps I have to do before that.

Also, *somebody* did some local changes to the server-data again, so I had to force-reset it ...

---

Fixed:
  • accreg.txt lost
  • off-by-one buffer overflow in timestamping
  • walktimer
  • itenplz realloc
  • party.txt_*.tmp
  • skill level
  • #chipchip verification
  • crash on invalid @command
  • healing rate
  • chest armor
  • crashes relating to status timers, such as weight over 50% or 90%, poison (shock sweet), ...
Reported: None
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: TEST: server code changes

Post by o11c »

Whoops, I forgot to 'make install' ... it's a good thing, too: I accidentally wiped accreg.txt (which has all the bank accounts). Well, it *is* the test server, but still ...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Fixed a buffer overflow; this is now running on the test server.

Please test everything! I need to be able to verify this a stable so we can get rid of some lag.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

When changing of chest armor / unequipping chest armor, the previous chest sprite isn't removed. However, the equipment change is effective regarding stats.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

also when i try to equip another shirt it seems the top layer is always my black short tank top...even with the dress it looks weird lol

edit: also other items like the dress..i put a screenie.

regards,
Attachments
dress2.jpg
dress2.jpg (104.44 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

The map-server process on the testing server has been crashing very often. We should solve that before we push anything to the main server.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I'll look into the equipment issue.
Frost wrote:The map-server process on the testing server has been crashing very often. We should solve that before we push anything to the main server.
I would have expected the reverse, but this is definitely the biggest general change. It will need at *least* a major content release to be tested on it.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

The character's focusing skills and magic schools has been all reset to 0, however the client's F5 window was showing level 9 in focusing skills and magic schools to 2.

Regarding the recent crashes, I ran a session in gdb and got this:

Code: Select all

map-server: src/map/pc.cpp:2562: void pc_walk(TimerData*, tick_t, int, unsigned char): Assertion `sd->walktimer == tid' failed.                                                                   

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.                                                                                                                                                         
0x00110416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()                                                                                                                                                                
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install glibc-2.12-1.80.el6_3.7.i686
This happened when a character entered in my character's line of sight.

Upon restarting the server, the focus skills and magic skills were back to 0 again.
Note magic experience is safe.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Okay, I know how to fix walktimer ... no clue about skills though.

Edit: walktimer should be fixed. It was a real bug, merely exposed by the newly fatal assertions.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Some more testing:
Healing is abnormally slow (+2HP on each heal tick, which is afaik the bare minimum). (reported by Monomu)

Using #itenplz in town crashes map-server (outside town is fine). I didn't test all spells but e.g #flar or #ingrav are fine outside or inside town.
For this crash, I got:

SYSERR: realloc failure: Operation now in progress

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

v0id wrote:Using #itenplz in town crashes map-server (outside town is fine).
For this crash, I got:

SYSERR: realloc failure: Operation now in progress

Hm, that's a generic error when realloc() returns NULL ... huh, I guess it doesn't set errno, so "Operation now in progress" is probably a previous error. The SIGABRT, at least, is intentional after the previous error ... I have no idea why realloc() would return NULL though. I definitely need a backtrace for this one.

(Sigh, I'll be working on fixing the code for a while ...)
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Keep at it o11c. There is no shame in failure, only shame in not attempting. You are doing valuable work for the project, amigo. I'm sure you will get these issues ironed out.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Also getting a bug with party.txt never being de-tmp'ed
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I seem to have solved V0id's issue with #itenplz.

I've also solved an issue regarding parties (and anything later - storage and registers) not being saved.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Maybe it could be possible to use the second testing server to avoid mixing possible bugs coming from new content and those coming from sever code change?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.