[Bug ?] Equiping Lazurite Robe with 1 int

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Piateluca
Novice
Novice

[Bug ?] Equiping Lazurite Robe with 1 int

Post by Piateluca »

Reporting this irregularity, I equiped the robe with the stats specified below, and I'm supposed to have 70 int to equip it. ☺

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: [Bug ?] Equiping Lazurite Robe with 1 int

Post by o11c »

It's not possible to actually unequip something (safely at least) when you don't meet the requirements (except possibly with a timer, but that's kind of complcated).

So, it just doesn't give the bonuses.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

What I mean is with 1 intelligence I'm not supposed to be able to equip it.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Right, what *I* am saying is that its not possible in the server to stop you from equipping it.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:Right, what *I* am saying is that its not possible in the server to stop you from equipping it.
Weird, there was a time period where I was not able to equip Bull Helmet as a mage when testing before release with V0id. In fact it was also because I could equip it once, that V0id changed the item characteristics. And according to some talks, it was not possible to equip these items before yesterday's server restart.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

There have been times when items *were* set to unequip in their equip scripts. But this is buggy and messes with lots of stat calculations.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I can wear the Bull helmet now and take advantage of the defensive bonus. There is a problem...

Edit: DB file still prevents lower level equip
Last edited by Nard on 23 Feb 2013, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

i hope, it can be fixed

that option makes the game much more RPGish and i whish to see it on more items(like Warlord Armory) to restrict the different classes
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

The Lazurite Robe, Banshee Bow and Bull Helmet have been changed in the restart that happened 2 days ago.
Now those items can be equipped even if you don't meet the required stats, but you don't get the bonus & malus they provide in this case (it still cant be equipped if you don't meet the require level).
See this
The reason behind this change was an exploit made possible with an illegitimate temporary bonus granted when force-unequipping the item when stats weren't met.

Also, read the description of the items as it has been updated according to this change.
I can wear the Bull helmet now and take advantage of the defensive bonus. There is a problem...
I didn't see it much as a problem that the bull helmet still provides 19 defense while not giving the other bonus/malus, but I guess it could be changed to fit the spirit.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Is there an emergency plan to correct the buggy server code and make the items consistent to their previous design?
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Nard wrote:Is there an emergency plan to correct the buggy server code and make the items consistent to their previous design?
It sounds like this was the emergency plan to correct an exploit that was caused by buggy code.

To me, an exploit that gives some people an unfair advantage might be considered an "emergency." An item which can be equipped for appearance but no benefit sounds "undesirable" but not an "emergency."

When you ask people to drop everything else (including their real life duties), there is a disproportionate cost. We already paid that once this week. Let's not burn up our slim resources without very good reason.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Slimor wrote:i hope, it can be fixed

that option makes the game much more RPGish and i whish to see it on more items(like Warlord Armory) to restrict the different classes
ive thought about this myself and resticting the classes is a bad idea. the beauty of tmw is in its open endedness and making so every single player in a class dresses identical makes for a very boring game.