Meltdown Forge

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

LordDune
Peon
Peon

Meltdown Forge

Post by LordDune »

Now that the Illias quest will all but decimate the pricing for Warlord Armor, maybe you could consider a way to melt down the armor into ingots or even bulk iron ores at Heathen's Shop and the Armor Shop in Hurnscald.

Or better yet, have the guy on the 2nd floor of the GY Inn melt them down so you need to be at least level 60 to do this process.
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Re: Meltdown Forge

Post by Slimor »

doesnt sounds bad, but what will you do with tons of Ingots then?

the price of those will go down too, then
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Slimor wrote:doesnt sounds bad, but what will you do with tons of Ingots then?

Slimor, mages use them for the #ingrav spell. I assure you the iron would get used up, and prices would remain high.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I dont think this would be a bad idea, but wouldnt it make sense to melt it down with a slight loss of material?
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Big Crunch wrote:I dont think this would be a bad idea, but wouldnt it make sense to melt it down with a slight loss of material?
definitely. I'd actually make it more than slight, like 50%.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

o11c wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:I dont think this would be a bad idea, but wouldnt it make sense to melt it down with a slight loss of material?
I was thinking 75%. Considering you are still out the money required to make it initially, and it would cost money to melt it back down.
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Big Crunch wrote:I was thinking 75%. Considering you are still out the money required to make it initially, and it would cost money to melt it back down.
Fair enough, I wasn't thinking about the significant money/coal cost.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

LordDune wrote:

Slimor, mages use them for the #ingrav spell. I assure you the iron would get used up, and prices would remain high.
Though to create Iron Powder, Iron Ore is needed, not Ingots. But it wouldn't make sense to get ore when melting an armor.
It might make sense to add Iron Ingots as possible resource to #zukminbirf, giving a higher output of powders.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Jenalya wrote:
LordDune wrote:

Though to create Iron Powder, Iron Ore is needed, not Ingots. But it wouldn't make sense to get ore when melting an armor.
It might make sense to add Iron Ingots as possible resource to #zukminbirf, giving a higher output of powders.
love this idea. having ingots which are refined make more powder makes perfect sense.lets also not forget that may is coming closer and the ingots will prove useful to many for hitchhiker's towels
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

or another way if you wanted to give back some coal and iron instead is to have audsbel have learned a difficult technique to transmute steal back to its base elements of carbon (coal) and iron ore
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Big Crunch wrote:
o11c wrote:
I was thinking 75%. Considering you are still out the money required to make it initially, and it would cost money to melt it back down.
You forget the coal which is among the most boring things to grind at the moment.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.