Candor survival idea

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Would you like to have, at Candor, an option to start a survival fight ?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 8
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Candor survival idea

Post by Kazenawa »

Hello to everyone :)

I had an idea about an option that *i hope* could be implemented in Candor.

For now, Candor stops at level 2200, giving you 100 boss points.
Candor isn't won everytime the challenge is launched, but sometimes, i bet it could be last a bit longer.

That's why I've had the idea to add a choice to the host. Select the normal fight, or select a survival fight.
The survival fight would not end at level 2200, but rather only when all the challengers would have been killed.
Consequently, a reached level higher than 2200 would give you a bit more boss points than the current 100.
Also, i think that it would be fine to be able to consult (like against fluffies) some records sheet about highest levels reached during survival, with the date and the hour.

So i wonder : Is it actually possible to do, and, if yes, would you like to see it made ?
I wouldn't like that it breaks something or that it has an influence on something already well established.

Last point : I don't know anything in development, especially about this game, and i won't oblige our busy developpers to do it. Moreover, i would prefer to do it myself, in order to learn some abilities in scripting.
I think it would be a minor but enjoyable update if it's released.
Also, I'm not an informatician nor a programmer at all, but only an apprentice physician. I've only learnt some bases such as lists, curls, conditions and basic things like that (or at least i think that's programmation bases, maybe i'm wrong ?) in python. I've also done some matlab, bash scripts, labview, and html, but that's all for now.
Finally, i haven't that much time, especially those days, so if i do it, it'll certainly take some time, but i'll do it !

What do you think about it ? Do you agree with my proposition ?
Any suggestion or useful links that aren't in wiki ?
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Re: Candor survival idea

Post by Slimor »

if i understood right, you wanna have Candor openended?
after round 2200 everybody gets 100 Bosspoints, after some more rounds 200 and so on ...

i like Candor as it is now, but your idea would fit to a 2nd Candor like Instance i think
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

Your idea souns very original, i like it, so i voted.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Slimor wrote:if i understood right, you wanna have Candor openended?
after round 2200 everybody gets 100 Bosspoints, after some more rounds 200 and so on ...
Yes, that's what i would like to try to do is nobody is against it.
After round 2200 you'd get more boss points. Maybe you should get 200 boss points before level 4400, because it sounds a bit hard to reach it :lol:
But i think you've understood the mechanism yes. The fight would stop only when everyone dies, and the person that would have died after round 2200 will receive 100 boss points (they deserved it) + additional boss points according to the level they reached before to die.
Slimor wrote:i like Candor as it is now, but your idea would fit to a 2nd Candor like Instance i think
I thought to do it in the current Candor cave actually. This survival fight would be a choice to for the player that unleashes Candor's power :
- he can choose to do our well known regular fight
- or he can choose to try this survival fight
But i'm open to every proposition of course. Also, i don't want to change our great Candor, but just to add some option to it, for players that would like to see another dimension of it's possibilities :wink:
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Sounds reasonable, so the only real question is who will implement it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

o11c wrote:Sounds reasonable, so the only real question is who will implement it.
As i said, i don't want to add this task to our (i think) already busy developpers.
Also i would like to try myself. I would like to learn how to do some scripts for this game, and maybe that's a good way to start in it no ?
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I agree that this is an interesting idea.
Kazenawa wrote: Also i would like to try myself. I would like to learn how to do some scripts for this game, and maybe that's a good way to start in it no ?
It's a rather complex task for a beginner, since the Candor script is one of the more complicated scripts. But you're welcome to try. :)
To be able to test your scripts, you need to have a local testserver, here's how to set it up: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/How_to_Develop
Here's a reference of the scripting commands: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... _Reference
And the Candor script is located here: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... /parua.txt
(When you set up your testserver, you'll also get it locally, but it might be helpful to know the path where it is located.)
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Jenalya wrote:I agree that this is an interesting idea. [...]
It's a rather complex task for a beginner, since the Candor script is one of the more complicated scripts. But you're welcome to try. :)
Ok, i'll do my best with it then. Just let me the time for it :wink:
Thanks for all the links :)