Feature wish list with rewards...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

LordDune
Peon
Peon

Re: Feature wish list with rewards...

Post by LordDune »

Crush wrote:
(By the way: My hourly rate for freelance programming or graphic design is 50€ - Pay me and I program you anything your want, except malware, spying tools, spam tools or real-life weapon systems)
Darn, I was hoping you could make me a Iron Man suit for a few hundred bucks.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

ok isince nard felt the need to send me pms sayig how my numbers proved i was botting i will say it outright. i havew never botted on this game. i use warrior for my leveling as you can use the class with less of a need for breaks. oi did have party help gathering my coal for armor except the last piece. our party did this for everyone. just because you dont knpow how to get more than 20k a minute doesnt mean others dont know either. the conventional level up methods that are widely taught arent necessarily the best
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

@beliala , i used to get more than 50k exp per min , fighting yetis as a speed mage, and when we had Candors, i get sometimes 100k epm.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

ok isince nard felt the need to send me pms sayig how my numbers proved i was botting i will say it outright. i havew never botted on this game. i use warrior for my leveling as you can use the class with less of a need for breaks. oi did have party help gathering my coal for armor except the last piece. our party did this for everyone. just because you dont knpow how to get more than 20k a minute doesnt mean others dont know either. the conventional level up methods that are widely taught arent necessarily the best
I play since october 2012 and i am 98, I think I could be 99 already but i dont play much anymore with my main character, mostly just on illia's.
i think all the new comers that joined at the end of 2012 were more motivated to level cause of illia sisters quest. i was 93 when it was released.
after i first finished it and got my rewards i had the special item to help me level since december. i never botted just played many hours.
besides u will find other players who never botted joined the game about the same time as me and beliala and are high level, like jinks who is 97 maybe 98 already, veryape who is 96 etc...
i dont think beliala is botting or ever botted, i think she is just a bit of an addict to this game like myself :wink:
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 12 Mar 2013, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Since my name was brought up here... Yes I've been playing roughly the same time as Nitayaandrama and beliala and jinks. I think it has become increasingly easy to level fast for higher level charachters.. As most of you know I've been quite active playing the Illia Sisters Quest.. That has helped me gain levels fast after i hit 92-93 something.. Other than that I've played every Candor that has been possible (and there has been quite a lot of those lately). I've also played loads of Cindys.. All those things has helped me gain XP fast.

I've never botted or cheated in any way, shape or form. I've just put in many hours and enjoyed the GY mayham with large groups (that helped me a lot from lvl 65 -> 90). I've played quite alot alongside jinks and nitaya at the gy and i guess that they have leveled much in the same way as myself.

I have not played alongside beliala as much, but I've never suspected her of botting and i consider her a good and friendly player. I guess she has been hunting yetis rather than doing the GY-grinding to gain xp.

@Nard
I greatly respect you as an older player and as someone with great understanding of the game. I really listen to what you have to say and what you say about the game and generally value your opinion. However I think you made an error here, before accusing someone of botting I would like if you had some proof. Because i read those numbers you posted and thought for myself "wow, those numbers are crazy".. Then i realized I am about as old as beliala in game, and I do know for sure that I have not been cheating. If you suspect something bring it to the attention of the GMs first and let them investigate the matter.

This is written in good spirit and is just my opinion, I am not trying to stir up some drama.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

bell chick wrote:ok isince nard felt the need to send me pms sayig how my numbers proved i was botting i will say it outright. i havew never botted on this game. i use warrior for my leveling as you can use the class with less of a need for breaks. oi did have party help gathering my coal for armor except the last piece. our party did this for everyone. just because you dont knpow how to get more than 20k a minute doesnt mean others dont know either. the conventional level up methods that are widely taught arent necessarily the best
I ddin't say that I said
  • It is impossible to grow so fast if you do not already know the game
  • it is indeed possible to get around level 40 without giving a single blow, when you already have all the items then a few hours only are required
  • it is impossible to get required items (armors, weapons...) and money without a very strong help (i.e. if someone else does most the job for you or if you have other chars or if you use a bot) if not it would make your averages drop a lot. (notice the bold and color)
  • It is indeed possible to get more than 20k exp/minute at level around 80 if you have a slave tank working for you or if you have no problem with using potions with lower level players over a long time.
  • Getting 100 million exp in a month is "only" an average of about 2300 exp/minute...over 24h. It is possible indeed, and the recent Illia items and quest make it easier.
What I do not like in your sayings is that you can say these things and let suppose that players who do not play like you do are noobs
What I don't like is that you speak about the quests that required hours, days months of developer job as useless things that have to be skipped to reach that stupid level 99 faster. If my only interest in game was to be 99, I can beat you easily: just a few minutes are necessary to make an account on testing server and use @blvl. No need of these boring quests, then you can sit at town center and talk.
What I dont like is that you try to explain the words of other players who say their feelings better than you do.
What I don't like is the image of the game you tend to give. You have fun playing like that, that's good to me, but please stop suggesting it is the only or best one.
I have nothing against serial 99ers. If they have fun with it it's fine to me and I have friends among them.
I have nothing against players who use bots as long as they do not prevent me or other players from playing. I just have no fun to watch what I consider to be a very bad TV program, (I should say no more than killing tons of mogguns, yellow slimes, scorpions... and yes I tried one). I could even have fun to make a bot program, but in no way to use it. (playing a warrior is sometimes a strong encouragement to do it though).
Players who began after the beginng of 2011 are lucky.: they began with Jenalya as main content developer, (I don't forget the other too), yetis, Candor and skills so their progression cannot be compared with those who began earlier and used TMW as a school of patience.
If you want to show how good you are, just help lower level players to understand the game and give them a hand, it lowers your average but you can meet quite nice persons and makes the game even more fun. The method you actually use have been established by older players than you and I don't see what kind of pride you and I could have of employing them.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Players who began after the beginng of 2011 are lucky.: they began with Jenalya as main content developer, (I don't forget the other too), yetis, Candor and skills so their progression cannot be compared with those who began earlier and used TMW as a school of patience.
That's right. You can't compare the current speed of levelling compared to 4 years ago when the 2 skulls of Hurnscald Mines were one of the best places to level. Good luck there -- yet some got to level 99 like this.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Post Scriptum: If my words let suggest I accuse Beliala to bot, then I apologize. The rates she speaks about are so close to the physical player limits that it allows anyone to wonder about it, or to think that she should rest a bit and look the sun.

@veryape: The way you practice and the words you employ about the game are noticeably different than beliala's. No comparison is possible.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.