Leaving TMW/GHP due to recent events

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

argul
Novice
Novice

Leaving TMW/GHP due to recent events

Post by argul »

Hello,

I'll hereby leave the Mana World officially. The decision is final.
I wish best of luck to the the players. Hopefully they will have a joyful experience with the new server.

Over the time being involved with the Mana World I have accumulated several things, which may be useful to players, testers and developers.So here are the links to them. Most of them are alternative clients.

[Edit by Crush: Removed links to several botting clients which are illegal to use on TMW]

Have a nice day and best of luck
argul
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Leaving TMW/GHP due to recent events

Post by WildX »

argul wrote:Edit: Someone edited my post, wihtout stating their edit. Not very fair.
I don't have much information now, but I thought you agreed with the recent decisions of the GHP. What happened?

TMW Team member

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Argul just wrote that that "due to recent events he is leaving GHP" - looks like leaving GHP also became illegal. ;)
Oh my, like 2 days passed and we already could seen serveral examples the North Korea-like management...
Argul, I second Wild's question, what happened?

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I restored the content of arguls posting, except for a list of download links to botting clients for TMW.

I also moved the thread from News to content development, because it's a development affair.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

bye argul :?
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Hiya Argul :)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I know you (probably under a different name at Manaworld), but i like to convince you to think about to stay. Probably the times are not well at the moment, but you had surely good reasons to join this project. Whatever may be your decision, I wish you much luck on your way :)

If ChefChelios is not happy about it, then this decision cannot be well! :(
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Ginaria wrote:I'm not sure if I know you (probably under a different name at Manaworld)
argul is PjotrOrial is Stefan Beller.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

BIG Thanks for this info o11c!

PjotrOrial, stop doing this, DONT leave, STAY, please, only little breaks will be accepted! All Pinkies would miss you :(
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:I restored the content of arguls posting, except for a list of download links to botting clients for TMW.

I also moved the thread from News to content development, because it's a development affair.
Please restore links too. Where has it been said in the rules that the use of these clients were forbidden? I suggested that not so long ago, and it was said that it was against opensource spirit and player freedom of choice. There are multiple posts in this forum referring to use of "customized" clients some of which still contain now outdated links (but sources are still accessible). Is it a GHP decision or your own?
Edit:
The best way to fight automation is to know how it works, by suppressing information you also forbid developers to build tools to fight against it or Client developers to use the interesting solutions that they could bring. you could also have posted a warning against the use of these clients.

@PjotrOrial:
Thank you for guild and manamarket, thank you for the skills minigames you contributed to, thank you for the stats that we cannot use, thank you for the soon coming Easter yearly quest, thank you for our disagreements, thank you for all the job you did and I don't know about. I'm sorry that you leave. Have fun and success!

Nard
ko12upt
Newly Registered User

Post by ko12upt »

Nard wrote:
Crush wrote:I restored the content of arguls posting, except for a list of download links to botting clients for TMW.

Please restore links too. Where has it been said in the rules that the use of these clients were forbidden? I suggested that not so long ago, and it was said that it was against opensource spirit and player freedom of choice. There are multiple posts in this forum referring to use of "customized" clients some of which still contain now outdated links (but sources are still accessible). Is it a GHP decision or your own?
Edit:
The best way to fight automation is to know how it works, by suppressing information you also forbid developers to build tools to fight against it or Client developers to use the interesting solutions that they could bring. you could also have posted a warning against the use of these clients.

@PjotrOrial:
Thank you for guild and manamarket, thank you for the skills minigames you contributed to, thank you for the stats that we cannot use, thank you for the soon coming Easter yearly quest, thank you for our disagreements, thank you for all the job you did and I don't know about. I'm sorry that you leave. Have fun and success!

Nard
I second this the information was suppose to be opensource it could be useful to people as my self to contribute something useful to the game. Please at very least pm the people who are intrested in his work. Thank you
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

Nard wrote: @PjotrOrial:

Nard
Just a point of clarification: guild was written and implemented by Jero. Pjotr and Jero (and Frost to some extent) collaboratively wrote and implemented ManaMarket.

That said, I too would like to thank Pjotr for his contributions and wish him luck in his future endeavors.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

argus is Pjotr? Noo, do not leave! I liked you because you are german!
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Good luck Pjotr. Only talked to you once two days ago but you were friendly and helpful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Please restore links too.
Sorry, but this forum won't support the distribution of software written with the intention to hurt TMW.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:Sorry, but this forum won't support the distribution of software written with the intention to hurt TMW.
Then why the former links where not removed when posted?
And I do not support any kind of botting. whisperbot is harmless btw.
I support the Idea of interdiction of use of any client but official one (s).
edit:
Now some of these clients may be very useful to estimate some quest length or other testing purposes on test server.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.