Leaving TMW/GHP due to recent events

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Leaving TMW/GHP due to recent events

Post by Crush »

Nard wrote:Then why the former links where not removed when posted?
I am not aware of any former links to bots which I let exist. They might have slipped through, though. Please send me a PM with the threads so I can delete them.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
John
Newly Registered User

Post by John »

Dear Crush,

i must dissent about your action, you said that the links to botting clients for TMW posted by argul could hurt TMW and you removed them, this is supposed to be an opensource project, your server do not allow bots, your server has GMs that are there to handle bots and remove them so i don't see how the botting clients could *hurt* TMW since such rule is set and there are people that are in charge to enforce it. However other servers could allow bots and the could take advantage of such clients. So i don't see how your TMW project could be hurted.

It seems, for my understanding, that argul was part of GHP and he is in possession of such clients, this seems hypocrite. One member of GHP had botting clients and other members might own them too. I don't see how we, players, should trust such people that owns botting clients for TMW since the rule of their own server states that bots are not allowed. Which instead might be the cause that could *hurt* your project.

I would like a serious explanation from the GHP members about this, because right now to my eyes it seems that the *rule* is enforced only to the players. You might say that possession is different from usage but how could you prove that such software hadn't been used at least one in the official server?

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

John wrote:However other servers could allow bots and the could take advantage of such clients.
He is free to publish his bots on their forums, then.

When you would like to discuss this topic further, please create a new thread.

This thread is about argul leaving TMW development.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.