Which class do you feel more comfortable as?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Swordsman
28%
Mage
21%
Priest
6%
Thief
9%
Archer
26%
Other? please describe
9%

Total votes: 53
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Post by kronos_killer1 »

I have always felt better as a tank of some sort. Usually a Swordsman or Knight or Paladin.
I kill time... Guess what I am doing? :twisted:
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I love being a mage.It´s so fun fooling around with spells and figuring out what magic to use on different monsters.Spell combinations rocks.Freeze/slow the monster and then blast it to bits from afar. :)
Never liked to get in melee with monsters, it's to hectic when you face more than one or two.Give me area bomb spells and I´ll be nuking all day :P
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I love chopping monsters with swords or heavy axes. The Barbarian was my favorite character in Diablo II.
If I ever develop a 3D game of my own it'll include the ability to chop monsters into bits using semi-procedural meshes, slicing them where the blade goes through them or blast wholes through their belly with giant lazers or blast gaps in their bodies with explosives. Thing Red Faction but with monsters instead of the enviroment and combine it with ragdoll physics. Games just need something between just falling over and total splatter. :twisted:
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
kiba
Peon
Peon

Post by kiba »

I love to be a ranger. It is romantic to be in the wild and surviving.
Developer of Dynpet

http://dynpet.sourceforge.net
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i would like to play a rogue. a swordman dressed in light armor and armed with a katzbalger (small but strong one handed sword). he doesn't get his combat skills from strength or toughness but by sword skill and quick and deadly attacks. he knows when to hide, when to run and when to attack.

plate armor? how clumsy. a thin chainmail would be the heaviest armor i would wear. but when possible i would prefer leather armor.
a shield? carrying around such a bulky thing is just annoying. i need my left hand free to hang from cliff edges, to throw sand into the eyes of my enemies and to grap the treasure and run like hell.

another char i consider quite interesting is an amazon armed with a lance. i always had an affection for strong female characters (lise was my favorite character from SD3).
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

i like archers, they look like LEG0LAS :wink:
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

LEG0LAS wrote:i like archers, they look like LEG0LAS :wink:
I could've guessed that. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Hack n' Slash

Post by kronos_killer1 »

I've always liked getting up close and personal with a foe, maybe even with a nice Monk Class instead of a Knight. I just like doing lots of damage without trying to click on a small or moving target. And the skills tend to be more practical.
I kill time... Guess what I am doing? :twisted:
Ferramentapenna
Peon
Peon

Post by Ferramentapenna »

I've always been about the hack and the slash. Spells can be fun, but a game needs a really easy to use magic system for it to be much fun for me.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Ferramentapenna wrote:I've always been about the hack and the slash. Spells can be fun, but a game needs a really easy to use magic system for it to be much fun for me.

Or very powerful spells. :P
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

would drawing gestures with your mouse over the desired target while talking the magic words into your microphone while a voice recognition software rates the exactness of your pronounciation to determine the strength of the spell be simple enough?
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Crush wrote:would drawing gestures with your mouse over the desired target while talking the magic words into your microphone while a voice recognition software rates the exactness of your pronounciation to determine the strength of the spell be simple enough?

It'll be perfect if I can use words like Badass, Kill'em all, Dismember, Disembowel, Armagedon, The End, DIIIIIIEEE, and so forth. ;)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

no, i thought about something like "Oh Elandawiigaros, patron of the fire plains of Ka-ai Viierndpsindhkruv and keeper of the torch of Saaulindiregavidasia, lend me your power!" for a level 1 fire bolt. more powerful spells will of course require you to speak formulas that are not that short and easy to pronounce.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Crush wrote:no, i thought about something like "Oh Elandawiigaros, patron of the fire plains of Ka-ai Viierndpsindhkruv and keeper of the torch of Saaulindiregavidasia, lend me your power!" for a level 1 fire bolt. more powerful spells will of course require you to speak formulas that are not that short and easy to pronounce.
yay, roleplaying, i agree :)
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Im drooling.Can we please get that? :D Pretty please with sugar on top. :P