New Tulimshar Content

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Tulmishar Content

Post by wushin »

and map (just for dev purposes, no where near finished) for use and appearence and feel. In case anyone is curious how It's being used.
If you notice currently each well matches to an entrance (brick landings) and the sewers, like any sewer, follow the roads above.
The black dots are entrances to building basements.
The central pond is the reservoir fed from the bay and desalinized by Magic or the layers of sand above. (fielders choice)
The water is fringe so you should be able to appear to walk in it.
Eventually Tulimshar Docks will be used to cross over water and get onto dry ledge surrounding water.

The water gave me an Idea for the Ruins of Old Tulimshar. I'm going to grab a copy of Bazaar and tiles, rename them and then just set them to like 75% transparency. It should give the whole experience more of a "Memory" look. Also borders won't overlap but instead fade out to black after collision. To give it a more limited scope to make it once again more a "Memory" then the same map.
Attachments
021-3.tmx
Central Tulimshar Cistern/Sewers
(24.67 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Nard wrote:Maybe Jaxad, derloisl or MadCamel could explain what as TAW's Policy regarding content?
I can clear that up. Be very careful when taking things from TAW as they may not be license-compatible with TMW. I actually went through the trouble of contacting the RPGMaker folks and obtained permission to use their graphics. Unfortunately as the company had changed hands many times they could not provide them under a GPL or CC license. If it doesn't look like an RPGMaker tile it's quite probably GPL as Ivosh did do quite a bit of pixel art and all his work was GPL.

edit: Wonderful work wushin! :D
Head of the TMW Illuminati
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I got ladders and ramps in. definitely filling in quite nicely.

Thanks MadCamel
Attachments
bit more complete
bit more complete
tulimshar-cistern.png (104.79 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
021-3.tmx
newer map more complete
(11.04 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I'm annoying, but here it is with connecting warps and some of the smuggler content, I'd mentioned above. (only including it so you don't think 021-1 warps are broken)
Whatever, general map theme and function and look is there.
Attachments
021-3.tmx
Sewers with warps walls and some other things still going in.
(12.06 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
021-2.tmx
Smuggler's Den (needs work & Possibly new location & look.)
(14 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
021-1.tmx
Central Tulimshar with sewer grates and wells which act as warps.
(34.91 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Do you know how to use git?

this would make reviewing and looking at this a lot easier.

tyvm
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

yeah, I have on set-up https://github.com/wushin and ALL my changes are up there, as of now. This includes additional maps which I'm working on.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I need new wall caps. Mine jump out and bite out your eyes.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

great; I'll take a look sometime next week.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

MadCamel wrote: I actually went through the trouble of contacting the RPGMaker folks and obtained permission to use their graphics. Unfortunately as the company had changed hands many times they could not provide them under a GPL or CC license. If it doesn't look like an RPGMaker tile it's quite probably GPL as Ivosh did do quite a bit of pixel art and all his work was GPL.

edit: Wonderful work wushin! :D
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/faq#top_faq2 wrote: Can I sell my games created with RPG Maker XP/VX and its game materials included in (or added on to) the software?

Yes, you can distribute games you created with RPG Maker XP/VX or IG Maker, using its included (or added on) materials, as freeware or commercial ware. You are also allowed to modify the materials with other software such as Photoshop, provided they are only used within RPG Maker or IG Maker software, and not sold/or distributed. You can also include your own graphics and music if you wish. Please ensure that those games do not include any material which infringe others' rights.

Please note that any modification of the exe, dll, or other game files generated by RPG Maker or IG Maker is forbidden. Also, you may not use the materials included in the software (or add-on package) within other game engines or software.

Read more: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/faq# ... z2PL7mJDCh
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Yeah, I removed the oblisk door and door with eye and bottom left fringe. All RPGmaker has been purged from my content. It is now either modifed in existing content or self made.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Modified Modanug's tulimsharhouse from tmwart repo and added some stuff. These will be houses for noble quarter.
Attachments
Tulimshar-noble.png
Tulimshar-noble.png (26.62 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Author's Note: If anyone wants to help modify, finish, write, script, etc. I'm open to altering, changing, working with anyone, as the point of my work is for all of us to have fun. All of my work can be considered gplv2 unless covered by a previous license & author then it retains what ever rights the original author prescribed to it. I'll never say any of my ideas are my own, as I've not been kept in a vacuum from others. I am the mere interpretation of the collective story.

As the playing field ManaFests, as general location ideas are "allowed to pursue there current direction" with improvements on tiles and mapping;
The Noble Quarter: 068-1
-- NW Exit from 021-1
-- New Noble house style being demo'd
-- map is Concept only. Needs heavy overhaul.
-- NW Exit leads to Lighthouse Beach
-- SW exit back to Central Tulimshar
-- Southern Exits lead to palace of the wizards.
-- Hoping to plant Tortuga here
-- Roads should be paved but sand covered? (possible)
The Lighthouse Beach: 070-1
-- Home of the Treasure map quest
-- Hoping to plant Tortuga here
The Palace of the Wizards: 069-1
-- Council of Wizards will be here
--- The Council will be offset by the Magistrates (mage school leaders?)
--- basically Lawful Good vs Chaotic Good
-- Western exits head back to Central Tulimshar
-- Northern Exist to Noble Quarter
-- Pump House
--- Connects to sewers
--- What impenetrable fortress is complete without a way to escape the dungeon or jail without sewer access?
###Unapproved Start###
-- Unless you went dark path.
--- I think the well needs a sagatha make-over.
--- you Sagratha love level should play into well level plus the quest lines should continue to separate you.
--- I think old and new monsters could be scripted into Tulmishar content for quests getting the Nature spells Good has that Dark lacks, possible with some edits? as chipchip should be changed to work on a different subset of monsters, i'd suggest snakes & scropians for venom and add posion. (I know that's madness)
###Unapproved End###
The Foot of Gispaa Mountains: 072-1
-- Tileset in use is not going to be used see this thread -> http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=17221
-- Sand warriors go in caves that will be head west and be underground along with lava slimes.
-- Sand Pirates spawn here to raid Caravans
Tulimshar Sewers: 023-3
-- Sewer entrances added
-- Tileset work in progress
-- Hoping to place Evol's rats down here.
-- Entrance to smuggler's house NE of central Tulimshar (quest line progress needed first.)
-- NW exit 73,3 leads to under a dock and back onto a pier (in progress not in my git)
-- NWW exit 39,46 leads to mage school
-- both NE exits feed castle and noble. Thinking of cutting the NEE exit.
-- Southern exit feeds the southern part of city (needs one more IMO)
-- other unfinished loop will is entrance to government building.
-- If you peel off layers you will see a layer with just single black tiles, it's too mark secret entrances for "The Dread Pirate Marley" questline.

So new monsters & items have entered my content. (Sorry, my development ADHD has no end.) For review. Mobs with range, including Mage range, hope you brought some vit & def and Mdef (type=magic) I hate myself for them already. (all of this still tentative.)

Monsters:
Main Questline new mobs for Tulimshar line.
Lava Slime - Taw content, but the image is the mainline slime base.
Sand Golem - UFB content, but image is modified player base.
Sand Golem is the base for my Sand Mobs
-- Faceless Sand - Warrior
-- Biting Wind - Archer
-- Burning Sun - Mage
All three mob spawns overlap. So that you are fighting mixed mobs. During defense of tulimshar mini-battle all these mobs spawn.
From my chats with MadCamel, these images are safe. I would love the artist to be known.
In any case, please reserve using the above monsters outside my dev as there may yet to be undetermined complications.

In the sewers, I'd like to use Evol's Rats and Turtles. They did a bang up job. I'd like reid blessing or I will pull them even though they are GPL, it's a respect thing.
I would however, if he would let us use them with his blessing, like to use him as a NPC. I want him to be on the docks. (dialogue should be written by Reid for Reid.)
But I'd like Reid to open with something about The monsters accidentally falling into transdimensional rift, mystic vortex, a.k.a. some comic event and escaping into our world. (Shameless Evol Online Plug). We are an open source collaborative project. I think it's a shame most people land in our world because we are default.
Tortuga & Ratto - Artist Reid - Evol Online
-- Unsure of drops as of yet so they drop like maggots and scropians.

The Black Scorpians (Sand Pirates) (skinned npcs for now, was more trying to get a feel for diffucutly)
-- Thug - Brawler
-- Marksmen - Archer
-- The Dread Pirate Marley -- Currently he's a mob, but I'm going to really muck with this. I think I'm going to make him a mob and side spawns. Plus a bit more interactive of a map then the one they are on now for testing. (Think Goonies) (Also looking at a new cave template. for this, Argeas caves don't belong in Tulimshar, and due to o11c's ladder/staircase needs) As there should be sandy/sea Cave tiles.

Items:
- The Dread Pirate Marley
-- Pirates now drop Strange Coins
--- X Coins will gain you entrance to the Swashbuckler's Den below the sewers.

Treasure Map quest
- Added Treasure Map from LoF (nice job here on this map, would like to know artist to credit them.)
- using the easter event script as template for pirate crates. Changing rewards.

Mining Idea, Pull ore drops and replace with Rock drops. Rock drops are converted at smelter (Jehdia, make the forge more forgy instead of smelting metal in a mud hut). This way if we want to change amount of ore we change it only on smelter instead of every mob that could drop that ore. It also gives us a place to penalize farming if we want. We could then add veins and populate the world quite well and keep the ore drops level based on what VARs are set for conversation in the Smelter. Veins should be like mine cave, but based on level and cooldown_timer, then spawn a mob. I'm thinking this would also allow us to introduce a new basic character skill, Mining. Plus veins should be placed in leveled areas near dangerous mobs. (Deep Mine north of Hurnscald, Terranite Cave, Yeti Caves, Gispaa Mountains)
Mining Items:
- Mining Pick
-- Weapon +25 Dmg, 2000gp, Axe Model, 600 weight.
- Mining Veins (missing)
--Drops:
--- Sandstone
--- Granite
--- Basalt
- The Smelter Drops:
- Copper Ore (sandstone)
- Iron Ore (Granite)
- Gispaan Ore (Basalt)
also included is a concept idea about Mining.
- Working on smelter (NPC Jheada) & tiles
- vein spawns.
-- whole need class of weapons & armor.
--- a chance to work out thinking tiers of armor.
-- needs to match and have equal increase from clothiers, leatherworkers, blacksmiths & smelters.
Attachments
Sand Golem (image from TAW)
Sand Golem (image from TAW)
sand-golem.png (61.2 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Lava Slime (imagefrom TAW)
Lava Slime (imagefrom TAW)
slime-lava.png (6.22 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

wushin wrote:In the sewers, I'd like to use Evol's Rats and Turtles. They did a bang up job. I'd like reid blessing or I will pull them even though they are GPL, it's a respect thing.
I would however, if he would let us use them with his blessing, like to use him as a NPC. I want him to be on the docks. (dialogue should be written by Reid for Reid.)
But I'd like Reid to open with something about The monsters accidentally falling into transdimensional rift, mystic vortex, a.k.a. some comic event and escaping into our world. (Shameless Evol Online Plug). We are an open source collaborative project. I think it's a shame most people land in our world because we are default.
Tortuga & Ratto - Artist Reid - Evol Online
The Ratto and the Tortugas spritesheets and related icons are from Coolkid782 and me and are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0
Sadly I can't spend anytime at contributing for some dialogues (or in anything) for TMW, and there's already a NPC and a place who wears my name... ^^

Be sure to know how the CC BY-SA 3.0 license work before to add it on any TMW project, it ask a bit more than "gpl respect".

PS: Wrong gender!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I see it's Coolkid and you. I left the marks you guys made in the pngs. I thought that was neat and have been trying to find authors and artists out where I can. like the original artist for golem. https://gitorious.org/ariserv/ariserv-client-data - arikel from UFB. I'm going to start a File like you made for Evol art.
https://github.com/wushin/tmwa-client-d ... icense.txt
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Are you sure Ratto and Tortuga are Creative Commons and not GPLv2 like the image states? If license changed, how do I facilitate that for the the artist and note that in the a license.txt? Are there any rules to the original artist changing the license? Anything I might need to know or document?
Attachments
tortuga.png
tortuga.png (12.22 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
ratto.png
ratto.png (15.22 KiB) Viewed 3566 times