New Tulimshar Content

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Tulmishar Content

Post by wushin »

cc-by-sa-3 content is being addressed on this thread -> http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=17261

Reid any resources you or Alige could share and/or point us too.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

wushin wrote:Are you sure Ratto and Tortuga are Creative Commons and not GPLv2 like the image states? If license changed, how do I facilitate that for the the artist and note that in the a license.txt? Are there any rules to the original artist changing the license? Anything I might need to know or document?
Eh, it seems that I forgot to remove the GPL part while switching it to CC BY SA, so it remains legally dual-licensed GPLv2 and CC BY-SA 3.0 then. ^^
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Updated desert mountain tiles for Tonori
(both desert tilesets, the one currently called mountain, tulimshar docks, Graveyard fringe we're all modified to make this content.)
Attachments
desert-mountain-x3.png
desert-mountain-x3.png (5.64 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
desert-mountain_x2.png
desert-mountain_x2.png (17.68 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
desert-mountain.png
desert-mountain.png (116.29 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Whats up folks? If your watching this thread go play my new Pirate Treasure Map Quest. It's starts at George in Hurnscald. it's been added to my git
https://github.com/wushin
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Maddness, It's currently using my crate but it should work for any type of gather node.
We can now pretty easily start working on professions and such.
Attachments
gather_event.txt
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
gather_nodes.txt
(849 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Ratto and Tortuga spritesheets have been updated, they are now officially CC BY-SA 3.0.

@wushin: Taking stuff from other servers isn't a good way to contribute to a project because anyone can do that. I would be glad to see what monsters you're able to create! :)
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Meh, any rat or turtle I did would not be as good as those. Sewers by default have rats, Ratto was already made. Beaches == Turtles same thing. I'm not one for reinventing the wheel, specially when the wheel is fine engineering. The Sand Golem was exactly what I was going to do anyway, make a player model the same as sand so I can put gear on it to create monsters by skinning. Cause when I get to items to add it's going to save me time. I'm sure as I get better I will take a shot at a monster from scratch. For now what I have might not be even remotely close to what makes it into the release. All of this is mainly public note of whats going on in my head. Base examples, etc.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Alige wrote:Ratto and Tortuga spritesheets have been updated, they are now officially CC BY-SA 3.0.

@wushin: Taking stuff from other servers isn't a good way to contribute to a project because anyone can do that. I would be glad to see what monsters you're able to create! :)
To be fair, taking random loose materials and making something from them is just as valid as only making the random loose materials.

We have monsters, we have items, but someone has to take those and make them into something in order for them to have genuine value.
sexy red bearded GM