Bank

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Monomu
Newly Registered User

Bank

Post by Monomu »

Hey guys i got idea about NPC who will work as bank. You can give there some gp for some time and each day you'll got few % from your gp. For example I give to bank 100k for 5 days and each dey i got 5%. Maybe good idea is only change bank in Richard's dialog. I'm not sure how much % you should got so if you have any ideas post it pls.
templarwarrior
Newly Registered User

Re: Bank

Post by templarwarrior »

Monomu wrote:Hey guys i got idea about NPC who will work as bank. You can give there some gp for some time and each day you'll got few % from your gp. For example I give to bank 100k for 5 days and each dey i got 5%. Maybe good idea is only change bank in Richard's dialog. I'm not sure how much % you should got so if you have any ideas post it pls.
imo its a bad idea to give such an easy method to make money. im sure that there are players in this game that could bring in several hundred thousand a day this way and never have to grind anything for cash again
Monomu
Newly Registered User

Post by Monomu »

It wont make gp so wast and more useful still stay hunt them.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The game is already suffering enough from inflation. Another way to make money from nothing would just make this worse.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

I do not like this (at least not with serious money gain). Invertika does this. My account looks like this there:
"Your account is 2249667245 Aki. Since the last time (i queried like 3 seconds before that) you got 78.34 Aki..."

(though i had a whole bunch of money when i put that onto the account)

The problem is that the people who already have a lot of money are the ones who profit from this. Also it might make people rather saving their money than putting it back into the game economy.

Regards
Ablu
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Ablu wrote:The problem is that the people who already have a lot of money are the ones who profit from this. Also it might make people rather saving their money than putting it back into the game economy.
I don't see where is the problem. There are racketting NPCs such as Parua (broadcasts), we can introduce more. We had this discussion 2 years ago. Rich players get richer because they have not enough luxury items (or content) to spend their money.
Crush wrote:The game is already suffering enough from inflation. Another way to make money from nothing would just make this worse.

Thus earlier changes didn't solve the problem? :wink:
Monomu wrote:Hey guys i got idea about NPC who will work as bank. You can give there some gp for some time and each day you'll got few % from your gp. For example I give to bank 100k for 5 days and each dey i got 5%. Maybe good idea is only change bank in Richard's dialog. I'm not sure how much % you should got so if you have any ideas post it pls.
Rate is too high, I suggest a more realistic one such as a few % yearly, distributed monthly. Capitalized interests make you eligible for a loan, to buy expensive things. If you are not able to pay off, you go to prison. Maybe Hurnscald's Mayor could set taxes too (I dont' think players will agree)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Nard wrote:Maybe Hurnscald's Mayor could set taxes too (I dont' think players will agree)
Taxation would be cool, say 5% of cash in each account, But i guess loads of rich players would get mad as hell if that was implemented, just as in real life.

The cash could go to events and bountys for certain things (such as developing missing tiles for new areas etc.)
Yes that would benifit the developers a lot and there could be fights over what tile-set to use or who should get the cash if many people co-operated, but i kind of like the general idea.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Post by triforce_hyrule »

that can be a great idea, the percent of interest can be low, no there no rich players just in one night
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

--Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I'll put all my money into the bank, collect interest, take loans, and use the loans to pay the taxes.
How will I use loans for profit? Before my character "defaults" on a loan, I'll log in from a coffee shop and trade away everything to another account. Then he will get jailed and I'll just create another account for the next loan.
I'll use the free money to buy anything I like on ManaMarket. I'm sorry if that raises your prices.

Remember that this "economy" is fundamentally different from the real world. There is no cost to enter, low cost to exit, and transactions are "frictionless."

I think all of these ideas will be useless unless we charge a fee to register accounts for the game.
Well, not useless. They will open another dimension of meta-gaming so that people with lots of wealth in the game can screw everyone else. Yay.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Frost wrote:[...]Then he will get jailed and I'll just create another account for the next loan.
I'll use the free money to buy anything I like on ManaMarket. I'm sorry if that raises your prices.
Cheating is against the rules and admin can ban you for that :lol:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Nard wrote:
Frost wrote:[...]Then he will get jailed and I'll just create another account for the next loan.
Cheating is against the rules and admin can ban you for that :lol:
It's not cheating when it's within the rules of the game system. When using a loophole in the game system seems like cheating to you, it's a sign that the game system is broken.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote: It's not cheating when it's within the rules of the game system. When using a loophole in the game system seems like cheating to you, it's a sign that the game system is broken.
You are absolutely right. I think it is.