Intensive Training Course

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Intensive Training Course

Post by triforce_hyrule »

i was thinking in a house that you start an intensive training system. in the front you have bank, store to buy healing things and a soul menhir, you will be fighting monsters from maggots to Witch Guards. If you go to the final stage and survive you get GP or a bunch of XP,more than you get earlier killing. Its like the Outset Island Dungeon on The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Please Give Your Opinions.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

--Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Intensive Training Course

Post by Crush »

Could you explain it for people who haven't played "The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker"?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

NO ! :evil: now why: i dont like the idea because its too similar to candor for me...
Again fight with mosters, again few levels, only difference i see is money prize at the end.
Anyway money you can get from drops in candor and exp too and if in your idea you fight alone its less fun, no cooperative with others.
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Crush wrote:Could you explain it for people who haven't played "The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker"?
there its a dungeon, 50 floors with diferent enemies to kill, in there theres no prize or drops in the 59 floors, but i am proposing this. You enter pay a small fee or free. and you enter one level, slay all and the barrier to the other level is unlocked, doing that like 10 or 20 times and the end, a veeeery powerful monster and a great XP reward or GP

triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Avenn wrote:NO ! :evil: now why: i dont like the idea because its too similar to candor for me...
Again fight with mosters, again few levels, only difference i see is money prize at the end.
Anyway money you can get from drops in candor and exp too and if in your idea you fight alone its less fun, no cooperative with others.

Avenn, for you is less fun, for others can be fun. there a lot of low level users that cant hold 3 levels on candor, that will give them a bored experience and quit the game, i talked to many newbies, they cant hold candor, with this one, they dungeon starts with Low level, maggots, scorpions, enemies of the area of tulimshar, exept for snakes and scorpiosn {red and black} also with out the slimes.

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

triforce_hyrule wrote:
Avenn wrote:NO ! :evil: now why: i dont like the idea because its too similar to candor for me...

Avenn, for you is less fun, for others can be fun. there a lot of low level users that cant hold 3 levels on candor, that will give them a bored experience and quit the game, i talked to many newbies, they cant hold candor, with this one, they dungeon starts with Low level, maggots, scorpions, enemies of the area of tulimshar, exept for snakes and scorpiosn {red and black} also with out the slimes.
I agree that some more lower level quests/events would be desirable. But I think that those quests should somehow follow the story of the game. Not just "hey if you want to get experienced try out this candor for lower level chars".. And if the xp gains are to high it would just be an easy way for higher level chars to gain xp without having to work for it.

Imo we have dungeons that are great for leveling mid level chars, such as the snake pit, unfortunately there are not many mid level chars around there. I am not sure if it is because most mid level chars quite quickly become high level chars that can gain xp faster and more conveniently at the GY or because most low level chars don't know about it.. But it works best if you are a crowd there and that rarely happens.

Maybe there could be a grand finale to the tulishmar quest that is redoable for daily points or something, but only redoable up to a certain level, say like 60.

TL:DR: More mid level quests are desirable, I am not sure if a lvl-cave is the answer.

EDIT:

I also think that there are nice items already made that could be given as a reward for the first time you make that quest.
For example the desert helmet might be a good fit. Image That with some nerfing on defence would be a nice final award for tulishmar questline imo.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

triforce_hyrule wrote:

If someone quits because they can't access all higher level content immediately then let them quit.

TMW Team member

straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I think it sounds neat!
end of line.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I've always thought TMW could use a random dungeon.

Could make a bunch of dungeon "segments", Straight, L shaped, a cavern, etc.. Then get creative with the warp points to keep people going in circles.

I'd do it on timers, so groups could participate. The warp point could lead to the same room for 5 seconds, then another room for 5 seconds.. And have the timer wait an additional 5 seconds every time someone passes through the warp. Since warps are scriptable this wouldn't be too hard.

It'd be cool to have something other than the over-used cave tileset though.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

IMO what mid level player lack the most is a good small team guest. Something like illia. id like to see something like that with a level cap of say 60-80 so its reserved just for low and mid level players. I dont see the need for a candor for low levels, but more team quests could help the lower levels build good in game relatonships
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

bell chick wrote:IMO what mid level player lack the most is a good small team guest. Something like illia. id like to see something like that with a level cap of say 60-80 so its reserved just for low and mid level players. I dont see the need for a candor for low levels, but more team quests could help the lower levels build good in game relatonships
Yeah, this is true, i think many mid level players are playing this game as a single player game (at least i did). I got into the community aspect with the cindy game. First ever time that i really interacted with more than a few players. I think this could be a great way of bringing the social aspect into this game a bit earlier.

When everything comes around the social aspect of the game and meeting new friends and helping people is the best part of this game imo - the sooner players start to interact with others the bigger the chance is that they stay imo.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

another idea, that at the end of a stage you can open a chest containing gp or xp or a prize