add a daily quest in Nivalis

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

add a daily quest in Nivalis

Post by o11c »

As mentioned on IRC, there should be some sort of daily money quest for players stuck in Nivalis - something better than killing random mobs and selling their drops.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: add a daily quest in Nivalis

Post by Chicka-Maria »

We *could* modify or turn this into a daily quest if need be. But maybe change the items needed each day (something you can get in nivalis).

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Well_Quest

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

There is Baktar's Tulimshar Items in case there are stuck.
Reward:

Desert Hat -> 1500 GP + 500 EXP
Desert Shirt -> 1500 GP + 600 EXP
Serf Hat -> 800 GP + 350 EXP
Mountain Snake Tongue -> 800 GP + 350 EXP
Mountain Snake Egg -> 800 GP + 350 EXP
Snake Skin -> 800 GP + 350 EXP
Bug Leg -> 20 GP + 130 EXP
Total: 6,220 GP + 2,630 EXP

Total Cost:

1 Desert Hat
1 Desert Shirt
1 Serf Hat
1 Mountain Snake Tongue
1 Mountain Snake Egg
1 Snake Skin
1 Bug Leg
Material for a daily quest should be available in Nivalis. Why not a Trapper who could gather wolvern and squirrel pelts (beware, keep some, Illana the furrier could need some later), fluffy furs, yeti claws an masks, wolvern teeth, animal bones, antlers (...)?

Trapper (and provisionally, Illana) could live in one of the two houses of Snow Forest (034-1)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Some kind of trapper living in the building in the Snow Forest sounds like very good idea. I plan a lot of quests using all the animal drops in the barbarian village, but since there's not progress on that, we can add a daily quest for that in the meanwhile, and eventually remove it again once the village gets added, or adapt it as needed.

Would someone be interested in mapping an indoor for the house in the Snow Forest and writing an NPC script with a daily quest?
This is a rather small task, so it'd be very suitable for someone who doesn't have much experience yet, but wants to get into development.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I'll try it. (map & NPC)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

If you're stuck on the map send me a message I'll finish / do it.
If you've finished the map send me a message to review.

regards

Edit: follow the progress on Trello
Agent Killer
Peon
Peon

Post by Agent Killer »

Hello there

Im working about it all i can say more is just collect boxes.

Regards.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

How in the world does something go from "completed" back to concept? Is this going to be another one of those projects that "mysteriously" disappears? I'm beginning to see a pattern develop..
end of line.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »