int influence on crit rate - and H0nk

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

KrofGninut-H0nk
Newly Registered User

int influence on crit rate - and H0nk

Post by KrofGninut-H0nk »

Controversial topic!

I know, warriors will hate me for suggesting this, buuuuuut...
Since critical hits IRL are probably influenced by knowing where to hit as well as your ability to hit it, what if int were to have a small infuence on crit rates?
(comparable or less than that of dex)

And while we are on the topic of mage favoratism, what if we were to give other stats typical of other classes bonuses that are relevent to mages? (since I suggested giving int bonuses that are relevent to non-mages)
For example, what if some spells required a certain level of dexerity to actually perform? Or if some spell components were so heavy (iten XD) that to use them would require a certain degree of strength? Or if a spell depended on a rolette gambit and thus needed a ton of luck?

Would open up a lot of variation on how all three classes could be built. Basically, I'm suggesting that each stat have various bonuses that would be appealing to the different classes in different ways (and tempts people to spread thier stats more), such as int boosting crit rate.