Rings

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Rings

Post by AnonDuck »

I've noticed that nobody really uses the gem ring system.

It's very expensive to make a ring and then you only get a +1 stat bonus from it. There are lots of other easier to obtain items that give better stat bonuses, so there's really no point.

Maybe up the bonuses to +2 and see if that encourages their use?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Rings

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I can't say I agree, I personally Use the rings and I know a huge majority of people use them. Sometimes they just don't equip them in town, they wait until they go to the graveyard or the PVP cave before equipping them. They're expensive but people still use them.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

the bonus from the stat limit of 99 to 100 definitely makes them worthwhile.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Yeah, it is a end-game item imo, and they work well together with other high end gear, like the lazurite robe + wiz hat + sapphire ring is needed to reach 110 int, same goes for the ruby ring together with the bull helmet etc, they are really useful but only at high level.

I feel fairly dependent on my rings to be able to use my chars to their full potential.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

MadCamel wrote:I've noticed that nobody really uses the gem ring system.

It's very expensive to make a ring and then you only get a +1 stat bonus from it. There are lots of other easier to obtain items that give better stat bonuses, so there's really no point.

Maybe up the bonuses to +2 and see if that encourages their use?
I a surprised that you say that no one really uses them. To my knowledge many players build one as soon as they can even if they are indeed a higher level item, but they can be compared with Terranite armor. Probably some are less used than others (diamond ring, emerald ring?). Yes they are expensive but give better bonuses than many items. In the case of strength, agility or dexterity or even vitality there are little items that give a bonus too. In the case of luck, fairy hat very low defense and Pinky helmet price and low defense (not to speak about level requirement) limit greatly their usage's interest when compared to other head armor. I think opening the second ring slot could also boost their usage.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

veryape wrote:Yeah, it is a end-game item imo, and they work well together with other high end gear, like the lazurite robe + wiz hat + sapphire ring is needed to reach 110 int, same goes for the ruby ring together with the bull helmet etc, they are really useful but only at high level.

I feel fairly dependent on my rings to be able to use my chars to their full potential.
Stats for Bull Helmet and Lazurite Robe were indeed designed according to the possible combination of existing equipments to reach precisely new bonuses (110 int, 110 str, as mentioned).
Monomu
Newly Registered User

Post by Monomu »

What about make rings with other stats then str, vit and so on? I mean rings which will give things like attack delay, m.deff, attack bonus........
Sanity
Peon
Peon

Post by Sanity »

straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

What you need is for players to be able to sport a few +2 rings (200k) and maybe a +1 necklace (100k). Who cares about lvl 99 people; they're the 1%.
end of line.