Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Post by AnonDuck »

I personally thought it was cool for there to be a few truly unique items in the game. I'm not sure if it's right for them to be "rewards" though.

I remember when there was only a single Iten and people passed it around for days laughing about it. Or going :alt-2: as the crown was passed around.. Wondering who'd have it next and how they got it? Much fun.

Maybe just drop a unique in a slime and see what happens to it?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Jaxad0127 wrote:
bell chick wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote:Releasing the crown would be releasing yet another hat, don't we already have enough?
can there really be enough? a huge issue in the game is everyone dresses alike. more hats at least help add a little variety
More of other equipment would be better. But hats are easier.
yes sirts and pants are the worst as both require male and female sprite sets so double work even if there werent mltiple frames needed for movement on top of that. variety in pants and shirts would be nice but lacking artists with time for it ill happily accept even more hats to encourage variety
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

MadCamel wrote:Maybe just drop a unique in a slime and see what happens to it?
Or just give people their unique items back :alt-9:

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

Nard wrote: I agree with "all or nothing" with a preference " all ". I didn't like when Platyna took back golden armor and crown and said it at that time. I don't like the idea to release Platyna's red dress that devs made to thank her too. I dont like the idea that any member leading a team grants him/herself things that are forbidden to others, especially in an "open source and free " project.
Can I get back my AK47, as it's an unreleased item too. I really miss it :P It has a damage of 1000, and the silver bullets bring it to 5000. Just like the silver arrows (hint, hint).
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Golden plate and crown were removed due to agreement with developers that unobtainable items will be made unwearable and/or destroyed. In fact I have traded with players for these items, so they are now my property.

Anyway no one will make an item to conmemorate me because current impeachment committee wants me ridiculed, dishonored and forgotten.

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote:impeachment committee wants me ridiculed, dishonored and forgotten
And now naked as well? :alt-7:

TMW Team member

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Platyna wrote:impeachment committee wants me ridiculed, dishonored and forgotten
The items would be replaced, of course.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

.:WildX:. wrote:And now naked as well? :alt-7:
That'd be some good material for my spank bank :alt-8:
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

For me there are three kinds of unobtainable items, the ones who were at some point part of the game, like the golden armor, the ones who were made but never had a quest or way to get them like the Crown (except Sugar´s one who was given by the author and many other players as a show of gratitude) And a third kind special made items, in this case Platynas dress.

Now if the item is no longer obtainable but normal or common there still are chances that any normal player can get one at some point, like bunnie ears, eye patch, mouboo heads, hints, etc. As I see it those are fair items, they had a purpose and they can still be bought with a little effort and money. Those no longer obtainable are clear for me.

The other two categories, private items and special made are not fair at all. There is no way a regular player can get a Platynas Red Dress or a Crown for the moment. Not even with tons of money or effort. The items that were added to the game but never were part of any quest and don´t have any purppose and as i see it they should not be in game UNTIL the devs find a way to add them. Special items are also a way to show off in front of players I saw it many times over the years with the golden funny for the ones who coudl get it fro a day and a way to show off for those players at the same time. The golden armor is a special case it was obtainable once and it should stay in game but by the time it was removed there was only one in game wich turned it like the other unobtainable a one of a kind unique rare and those should not be in game until the devs made a quest to reintroduce them.

So having the main idea of fairness in mind I really think that:
Golden armor (since it was part of the game once) and Crown (since it was made for everyone at first) should be added to this game, by quests, exotic trader or a high reward in candor (like 20k boss points) when the devs find it ok.
Platynas Dress was made for her exclusively. That is not fair for the rest of the players, at least not on this server. Since there are forks and other servers she will still be able to use it anywere but the main server were she is a regular layer as I said.
A few options:
- delete it, since the owner is a regular player now and regular players dont have access to unrelease/unobtainable items.
- permitt ALL players to have their unique items made for them by an artist friend.
- use it to dress and npc in a form of honoring Platyna for her long time work. Maybe add the crown too.
- make it availiable for everyone (I know... I know the red dress is allmost exactly the same but well two shades of red wont kill us).

If it comes to all or nothing I support the nothign in game until the devs decide it so, but Im trying to find other ideas :)
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Just to beat a dead horse a little more - I thought uniques added a little extra something to the game, and that it was cool that artists seemingly got the first copy of their art to do with as they wished. Of course, I see problems when someone may make items Just to be uniquely theirs, or with super high stats that they will gleefully abuse with the only copy.

That said however, the idea of new items being finished, and then released in tiny quantities until a permanent quest/seasonal event is ready, sounds like a fun way to get players excited about upcoming items. (Of course, not always, as half the fun of events and new quests is wondering what you may get :P). I only think true unique items are good when there's a reason, such as Platyna's dress being made for her, or the crown and golden plate being made to go together.

As for the dress itself... I agree that it should only be released if it's available to everyone. It was only an acceptable unique to me because it was made for Platyna, and something wouldn't feel at all right about giving it to another as a unique item when it was never freely given away.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Jaxad0127 wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote:
The items would be replaced, of course.
You can only replace them with that:

First I thought that "TMWC" can't go lower when then plotted against me on a secret channel and then made unauthorized copy of the files...
I was wrong.

Second I thought that "TMWC" can't go lower when they were insulting, banning and kicking me...
I was wrong.

Third I thought that "TMWC" can't go lower rewriting the history, like I never existed, were important or like this project existence not depended on me since 2006/2007...
I was wrong...

Do I have to elaborate how pathetic it is? I am out.

Regards.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Nobody should get any special items just because they made it, is friends with the artist , or has Admin/GM access to make the item appear out of thin air. Items should be hard won through playing the game, which is why I support hard to near impossible methods of obtaining such items through Game-Play . Obviously if something has a .02% chance of dropping off a boss, you can only fight once per character, its practically unique (and everyone has a chance to get it). It rewards playing the game , not being a Dev, not being an admin, and not being the artist.
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I wasn't a friend of any artists. And you are not a person to tell contributors what to do. These artists felt like making an item for me so they did.

Anyway I assume that dev and GM hat and robe will be also available to players during the game play?

You are ridiculous.

Anyway we all know what is that thread about. ;)

Regards.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Anyway I assume that dev and GM hat and robe will be also available to players during the game play?
I have always been against those hats, from the very start! Nobody! Not me, not GMs, Nobody should get something just because they made something for the game, Or had some fancy ass job in the game. The game is how you get stuff in the bloody game, you are a Dev/gm/admin because you want to be a Dev/gm/admin, not to get some hat! Rewarding the gamers, for playing the game should be commonsense! GM can always change the color of their names to be identified as GMs. All the cap does is set the wrong kind of motivation to be in those jobs.
Len wrote:I always love your work Black Don, just not a big fan of the idea behind the caps... (no matter how well done)
I'm still not convinced of exclusive equipment for GMs and developers (we should be trying to spoil the players, not ourselves)
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... t&start=15
Len wrote: I rather GMs blend in and show off as little as possible (I also want that helm *drool*)
This was in reference to the crown , not the GM cap (which I hated the idea of even more)
http://forums.themanaworld.org/posting. ... =8&p=32393
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Big issue about like five items (with no stats or crappy stats), now spawns in a name of social equality.

So if you are so left-winged and you believe in social equality let's give everyone level 99 server privs, admin powers on forums and level 255 in game and all uber items - because now people are not equal. Shame on us, shame on me - as I was the one managing this evil, unfair system for so many years.

But seriously, this thread is not about items. It is about degrading me in eyes of players. I just can't wait when someone says that dev and GM items were my idea and I asked BlackDon to make me a crown.