Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Post by Cassy »

Platyna wrote: But seriously, this thread is not about items. It is about degrading me in eyes of players.
A big NO!

That was never my target when I opened this thread!
And even can't be: I'm here since March, when you were just kicked out of the team, so I don't know you in fact.
If you're referring to the comments of others: Most of them are obviously very neutral.

But though: I find it not okay and actually even unfair that you have "private" items (and level 255, wasn't it?).
This is nothing against you.
I'd also say that if someone else in similar position had them.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:Big issue about like five items (with no stats or crappy stats), now spawns in a name of social equality.

So if you are so left-winged and you believe in social equality let's give everyone level 99 server privs, admin powers on forums and level 255 in game and all uber items - because now people are not equal. Shame on us, shame on me - as I was the one managing this evil, unfair system for so many years.

But seriously, this thread is not about items. It is about degrading me in eyes of players. I just can't wait when someone says that dev and GM items were my idea and I asked BlackDon to make me a crown.
I propose a .02% drop rate on a boss, do you have any idea how hard that is to get (you would probably never see it drop)? I propose people get stuff through playing the game and I'm left-wing for that (because that's such a crazy idea)? I propose giving nothing away, everything must be earned through gameplay in the game, while limiting the perks of the ruling body, that's right-wing in my country (not that they ever actually do that). Equal chance does not mean an equal outcome, a player will get out of the game what they put in.

We are here for the gamers, not just our favorites, all of them! Good admins and GMs can separate themselves from the game and be impartial.
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Cassy wrote:
Platyna wrote: But seriously, this thread is not about items. It is about degrading me in eyes of players.
A big NO!

That was never my target when I opened this thread!
And even can't be: I'm here since March, when you were just kicked out of the team, so I don't know you in fact.
If you're referring to the comments of others: Most of them are obviously very neutral.

But though: I find it not okay and actually even unfair that you have "private" items (and level 255, wasn't it?).
This is nothing against you.
I'd also say that if someone else in similar position had them.
Well, explain me why it is unfair?

Let me think...Since 2006 or 2007 (honestly I don't remember) I paid the bills, bought hardware, fought with DDoSes, hardware failures etc., brought you the good law, was a judge, fought for this server even with TMW original developers and never demanded any rewards. One day the game artists decided that I should be rewarded some way so they made me 2 items.

So, I do not deserve these two items? And those artists do not deserve to make decisions what art they will make?

Very interesting idea.

It seems all the values that were the base of this community degenerate with a lightspeed. Seeing that I may log in game and hand you these items, if you are so envy of them. I can walk naked. You seem to be someone who plays to get items to show off, not to have fun with other people from all over the world.

Nice to know that after spending 1/5 of my live to work on TMW, I don't even deserve two little items. Bah.

Regards.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Well, explain me why it is unfair? ;-)

Let me think...Since 2007 I paid the bills, bought hardware, fought with DDoSes, hardware failures etc., brought you the good law, was a judge, fought for this server even with TMW original developers and never demanded any rewards. One day the game artists decided that I should be rewarded some way so they made me 2 items.

So, I do not deserve these two items? And those artists do not deserve to make decisions what art they will make?

Very interesting idea.

Regards.
I would have hoped you would have done it, because you found joy in doing so. Your hardly the only one who has given up free time for little in return. How is it fair to those who scarified to put the games economy in order just, to have it disrupted by things like near priceless items magically coming into the game. Or the rare hunter (a person who plays to collect everything) who has put hours into collecting every item in the game (suddenly realizes that not mater how hard he/she tries the admins/GMs/Devs will always be able to out show him/her). We do what we do to have the best game possible (or that's the reason I hope we do it for).
Seeing that I may log in game and hand you these items, if you are so envy of them.
You don't understand me, I refused the opportunity to get a dev cap. I don't want items in that way. Have you heard nothing I've said? I did not suddenly adopt this position when you where thrown form power, I've always held it.
Last edited by Len on 31 May 2013, 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
Pixel Battalion
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Somehow I don't like the way you are talking to me.
Maybe I understand it wrong, I'll just ignore this for now.
But remember I'm a neutral person, so please don't treat me as if I were against you.

If you're saying the truth, then I can even understand it.
I won't comment this more right now and wait for other voices.

Platyna wrote:You seem to be someone who plays to get items to show off, not to have fun with other people from all over the world.
This seems to be addressed to me directly.
You're totally wrong then.
This is off topic btw.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I wasn't the only one Len, indeed. There were also developers and game masters - and they got also ONE or TWO items as the reward for their time. They deserved these items and no one should raise hell because of 5 items given to the people who actually put their time and resources for nothing else than "thanks" (which is also rarely received).

Players have multiple items, I always tried to convince developers to reduce the amount of unavailable items - they didn't wanted to do that - so rather you should insist on them to release the items that were made for players and were not given to them.

On themanaworld.net this is top number on the TODO, right after new maps.

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 31 May 2013, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Cassy wrote:Somehow I don't like the way you are talking to me.
Maybe I understand it wrong, I'll just ignore this for now.
But remember I'm a neutral person, so please don't treat me as if I were against you.

If you're saying the truth, then I can even understand it.
I won't comment this more right now and wait for other voices.

Platyna wrote:You seem to be someone who plays to get items to show off, not to have fun with other people from all over the world.
This seems to be addressed to me directly.
You're totally wrong then.
This is off topic btw.
Well, you want the items that were made for me...so obviously you are against me as I am discussing with you because I have a different opinion. If you don't like discussions do not start them.

Regards.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Platyna wrote:
Well, you want the items that were made for me...so obviously you are against me as I am discussing with you because I have a different opinion. If you don't like discussions do not start them.

Regards.
What the...?!

-> I don't want those items. Really. I got my Fluffy Hat and soon a Sourcerer Robe, then I'm happy. I'd never were your dress or crown. I'm not selfish, I'm doing things for the community (in this case also asking if they think like I do).

-> I'm not against you, I just want fairness and I wrote in my previous post that I could understand your points so far (please read more carefully when you discuss).

-> I love discussions. But getting unfriendly while discussing is not okay.
Last edited by Cassy on 31 May 2013, 17:38, edited 2 times in total.
Main characters:

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:I wasn't the only one Len, indeed. There were also developers and game masters - and they got also ONE or TWO items as the reward for their time. They deserved these items and no one should raise hell because of 5 items given to the people who actually put their time and resources for nothing else than "thanks" (which is also rarely received).
Removing the Dev cap would be fine by me. The GMs have special clothing so they can be unambiguously IDed.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:
Players have multiple items, I always tried to convince developers to reduce the amount of unavailable items - they didn't wanted to do that - so rather you should insists on them to release the items that were made for players and were not given to them.
I've been doing that, I'm not going to stop because your caught up in it. I can't do anything to you that has not already been done. Platyna your dead and your body is being looted.. The question now is who gets the loot? The players who put in or the favorites (a gross simplification, but whatever)?
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Len wrote:
Platyna wrote:
Players have multiple items, I always tried to convince developers to reduce the amount of unavailable items - they didn't wanted to do that - so rather you should insists on them to release the items that were made for players and were not given to them.
I've been doing that, I'm not going to stop because your caught up in it. I can't do anything to you that has not already been done. Platyna your dead and your body is being looted.. The question now is who gets the loot? The players who put in or the favorites (a gross simplification, but whatever)?
Indeed. Glad that someone noticed what is the the point of this thread. I was betrayed and killed by the people I respected and trusted.

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 31 May 2013, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote: Indeed. That's the point of this thread - to loot my body. I was betrayed and killed by the people I respected and trusted.

Regards.
Not at all Platyna, the point of this thread was to establish if we should follow the rules the way they are set out, or change them to accommodate you.

Prsm

I stand corrected the point of this thread was to release 2 items! My Bad.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Excuse me...what rules?

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Is this the appropriate section to discuss (again) the server move? We were talking about crowns and dresses here.
Maybe this thread should be made a poll? "Give back old unique items to the players who owned them", "Delete all uniques" or "Release all uniques"
Jaxad0127 wrote:Removing the Dev cap would be fine by me.
I think you just gave Meway a stroke.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Honorific items are a good idea, but everybody should be able to have one, without being a perfect pixel artist or an excellent coder or an host for some years.

If these items are just made for one person, then remove them and/or make them available for more peoples!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect