Four-Leaf Clover uses

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

KaksiTzeta
Newly Registered User

Four-Leaf Clover uses

Post by KaksiTzeta »

I have an idea to new recipe, add an NPC to make these excanges:
Image Four-Leaf Clover + 50.000gp = Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + 100.000gp = Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + 150.000gp = Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + 200.000gp = Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet

These are the new effects:
Image Four-Leaf Clover → Luck + 1, Magic attack + 5
Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 1, Magic attack + 5
Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 2, Magic attack + 10
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 3, Magic attack + 15
Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 4, Magic attack + 20
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Four-Leaf Clover uses

Post by Big Crunch »

i like the idea. idk about how the bonuses would affect balance, but i like the idea of expanding the use of one of the rarest drops in game

BC
sexy red bearded GM
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I think it would be a lot better if actual metals could be used instead of cash. Maybe it's time to introduce more metals to the game.

TMW Team member

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

.:WildX:. wrote:I think it would be a lot better if actual metals could be used instead of cash. Maybe it's time to introduce more metals to the game.
More metals and player mining are planned with the crafting additions.
gator
Peon
Peon

Post by gator »

I think its a great idea. Along the lines of use of some of the rarest drops: Are there any plans for use of amethyst, emerald (besides in simple ring) or amythest powder or emerald powder?
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

.:WildX:. wrote:I think it would be a lot better if actual metals could be used instead of cash. Maybe it's time to introduce more metals to the game.
According to the periodic table, there's a potential of over 100 to choose from (elements alone), so I like this idea. Using their weights in comparison with each other would be interesting to (osmium as being the heaviest, for instance)

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

If this idea is welcome and would come in-game I'd like to try the scripting.
It should be a good possibility to learn it since it shouldn't be too difficult.

So is it fine?

Also I suggest some changes about the prices and also about the bonuses of the amulets.
I think the luck bonuses, even though +4 LUK on the golden amulet is a huge bonus, seem reasonable, but the additional bonuses on magic attack are too much and should stay at +5 for all amulets.
I suggest taking Iron Ingots as the earlier in this thread mentioned metals.

Please take a look at below and yes, I think these amulets should be very expensive and a long-term target to get them :wink:

Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 5 Iron Ingot + 50,000 GP = Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 10 Iron Ingot + 100,000 GP = Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 20 Iron Ingot + 250,000 GP = Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 30 Iron Ingot + 500,000 GP = Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet

Before you search at the wiki:
1 Iron Ingot = 5 Iron Ores + 10 Coals + 1,000 GP

Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 2, Magic attack + 5
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 3, Magic attack + 5
Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 4, Magic attack + 5
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

[Edits : Grammar, orthograph, ...]
Cassy wrote:Also I suggest some changes about the prices and also about the bonuses of the amulets.
I think the luck bonuses, even though +4 LUK on the golden amulet is a huge bonus, seem reasonable, but the additional bonuses on magic attack are too much and should stay at +5 for all amulets.
I suggest taking Iron Ingots as the earlier in this thread mentioned metals.

Please take a look at below and yes, I think these amulets should be very expensive and a long-term target to get them :wink:

Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 5 Iron Ingot + 50,000 GP = Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Crozenite Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 10 Iron Ingot + 100,000 GP = Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 20 Iron Ingot + 250,000 GP = Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet + Image Four-Leaf Clover + Image 30 Iron Ingot + 500,000 GP = Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet

Before you search at the wiki:
1 Iron Ingot = 5 Iron Ores + 10 Coals + 1,000 GP

Image Bromenal Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 2, Magic attack + 5
Image Silver Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 3, Magic attack + 5
Image Golden Four-Leaf Amulet → Luck + 4, Magic attack + 5
To me, even considering they should be "expensive and long term target" it's a bit too much...
If that much amount of ingots is needed, maybe remove cash cost or reduce it a lot. Or do the opposite, because here...

The total, to get the golden 4 leaf amulet is :
  • 65 Iron ingots which means :
    • 325 Iron ores
    • 650 Coals
    • 65 kGp
  • 4 4-leaf clovers
  • 855 kGp
Gently assuming the costs as (Manamarket source, though maybe outdated) :
  • Iron Ore = 2.028 Gp
  • Coal = 955 Gp
  • 4-leaf clover = 305.401 Gp
  • Iron Ingot = 17.639 Gp
The total Gp correspondance would be :
  • With Iron Ingots' cost : 3.223,139 MGp
  • With separated coal and iron ore prices : 3.421,454 MGp
Isn't it a bit too much for a +4 luck and +5 m.attack item ? I've seen many mages, even at high level, who haven't the wooden staff. Anyway the difference with or without it is not noticeable. +4 luck may be good yes, but at this price...
Also take in consideration that collecting Iron Ingots stuff for this quest, you can't make additionnal armors, since they require the same kind of stuff !
In addition, imagine how long and boring it will be to collect 4 4-leaf clovers ?
At this price, maybe it's worth doing it if it provides +20 m.attack in addition to the +4 luck.

That's why i'm also for collecting other kind of stuff such as new metals previously evoked. Keeping the 4-leaf clovers seems to be needed, but concerning the ingots...
In my opinion, it would be even better to get one in a very difficult quest and each time you succeed it, you improve your amulet. However, the difficulty of the quest would be harder after each success, depending on your amulet's state. I think it would be more challenge and more enjoyable to get it, rather than a boring mad grinding. In this case, let the others make it and buy it, you'll save your time...
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

We just had some discussion on IRC, here a piece of it:

[09:57] <wombatism1> the bromenal release is connected to thermin
[09:57] <wombatism1> we can switch it to Tonori though, if wushin wanted to re-think how bromenal armor was to work...we have two types of ore to make bromenal ingots

It makes sense to me connecting it with Thermin and other types of Ore.
I think it can be connected with this idea, but wushin will surely think of something crazy :D

Also Wombat gave me another nice thing that is a good way for learning how to script.
Kazenawa wrote: The total, to get the golden 4 leaf amulet is :
  • 65 Iron ingots which means :
    • 325 Iron ores
    • 650 Coals
    • 65 kGp
  • 4 4-leaf clovers
  • 855 kGp
Gently assuming the costs as (Manamarket source, though maybe outdated) :
  • Iron Ore = 2.028 Gp
  • Coal = 955 Gp
  • 4-leaf clover = 305.401 Gp
  • Iron Ingot = 17.639 Gp
The total Gp correspondance would be :
  • With Iron Ingots' cost : 3.223,139 MGp
  • With separated coal and iron ore prices : 3.421,454 MGp
Isn't it a bit too much for a +4 luck and +5 m.attack item ? I've seen many mages, even at high level, who haven't the wooden staff. Anyway the difference with or without it is not noticeable. +4 luck may be good yes, but at this price...
Also take in consideration that collecting Iron Ingots stuff for this quest, you can't make additionnal armors, since they require the same kind of stuff !
In addition, imagine how long and boring it will be to collect 4 4-leaf clovers ?
At this price, maybe it's worth doing it if it provides +20 m.attack in addition to the +4 luck.

That's why i'm also for collecting other kind of stuff such as new metals previously evoked. Keeping the 4-leaf clovers seems to be needed, but concerning the ingots...
In my opinion, it would be even better to get one in a very difficult quest and each time you succeed it, you improve your amulet. However, the difficulty of the quest would be harder after each success, depending on your amulet's state. I think it would be more challenge and more enjoyable to get it, rather than a boring mad grinding. In this case, let the others make it and buy it, you'll save your time...
About the +4 in LUK: There is no other equipment that gives more than +3 in STR/AGI/... (not counting Illia rewards or unreleased items) and the amulets are charms, so they can be combined easily with other equipment, so to me +4 is very much.
That's why I wouldn't suggest to make them even better than they already are by increasing the bonus on magic attack.
(Of course I agree that +5 in magic attack is (nearly) nothing)

About the prices: I still think it should be very expensive because of the above mentioned +4 in LUK for a charm.
I actually thought of not buying the required items somewhere (and therefore didn't look up at the ManaMarket stats) but collecting them during playing so one day you could get the next better amulet (a rare long-term achievement).
I'm not sure... if the total costs were around e.g. 1,500,000 GP, I (myself) could immediately get the golden amulet (I'm here for only 5 months) and I think that's too easy.
On the other hand 3,500,000 GP sounds too much, I agree, and four-leaf clovers could get pretty rare so it gets harder.
Edit: Also those ~3,500,000 GP would even get higher because the market price for the clovers (and Coal and Iron Ore if included) would increase.

Well, that was just to explain my point of few more in detail :D
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Cassy wrote:About the +4 in LUK: There is no other equipment that gives more than +3 in STR/AGI/... (not counting Illia rewards or unreleased items) and the amulets are charms, so they can be combined easily with other equipment, so to me +4 is very much.
That's why I wouldn't suggest to make them even better than they already are by increasing the bonus on magic attack.
(Of course I agree that +5 in magic attack is (nearly) nothing)
Hum yes, the fact it is a charm could explain the high amount of time currently needed to get it. I was thinking about forest amor, cat ears, wiz hat that you get really easily, but you're obliged to equip them. Charms have a specific slot right ? I mean you will be able to equip the amulet at the same time than a gem ring for example ?
Cassy wrote:About the prices: I still think it should be very expensive because of the above mentioned +4 in LUK for a charm.
I actually thought of not buying the required items somewhere (and therefore didn't look up at the ManaMarket stats) but collecting them during playing so one day you could get the next better amulet (a rare long-term achievement).
I'm not sure... if the total costs were around e.g. 1,500,000 GP, I (myself) could immediately get the golden amulet (I'm here for only 5 months) and I think that's too easy.
Hum real that for such item 5 months seems a bit too short... At least collecting 4-leaf clovers will virtually add lenght to it...
Cassy wrote:On the other hand 3,500,000 GP sounds too much, I agree, and four-leaf clovers could get pretty rare so it gets harder.
I personnally never found a 4-leaf clover even grinding it for hours and hours... Not hard, but that's a matter of patience :lol:
However I've heard some players have more chance :)
Cassy wrote:Also those ~3,500,000 GP would even get higher because the market price for the clovers (and Coal and Iron Ore if included) would increase.
Yeah, I took the prices just as a base, but with this clovers will have a certain interest :)
Currently, I think the 3.5 MGp could be reasonably considered as the minimal cost ?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Kazenawa wrote:Charms have a specific slot right ? I mean you will be able to equip the amulet at the same time than a gem ring for example ?
Yup :D

Btw something else that wasn't mentioned in this thread before:
Image Broken Four-Leaf Amulet
... to avoid it gets forgotten :wink:
(I just saw it in the wiki)
Main characters:

Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

*bump*
This idea is really good. Not only would it increase the value of four-leaf clovers again (which dropped down to less than 100k recently) - it'd also be a nice new addition to stat raising items.