A Map Suggestion I Have.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

A Map Suggestion I Have.

Post by Pauan »

Not sure if I should post this here, but I shall anyways. If it's wrong, you may feel free to notify me and/or move this topic.

This topic is all related to the geographical map. As it is right now, it feels like a bunch of various climates just slapped on. This gives it a rather tacky, unprofessional feel to it. Even when there is a split boundary, there is always at least a semi-gradual tone. If you look at our climate on Earth, you'll see that despite the great variance, it still seems to flow very nicely.

In this regard, I like Pickslide's map the best. It shows the geographical climates while also flowing quite nicely. If it's not too much to ask, I would like to perhaps design my own map for it? Based off of the Kingdoms and Regions of course. All I would really need is some basic general guidelines. We need something that is both appealing to the eyes, makes sense, is unique, and also fits in with the storyline and the world in general.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

To put it short: Yeah, we need a decent map and so far no one has provided it.

So you might as well give it a shot, having a good map would help people visualize the world better and hence speed up the almost stalled world development.
This message used to be meaningful.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

I shall get to work on it right away then!