Join the Projects Team!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Join the Projects Team!

Post by Wombat »

We are looking for contributions from interested individuals to us with our projects. Everything from sound to mapping, pixel art to scripting needs attention and assistance. While the projects team is attempting to focus on one project at a time and does need help, we also can use any variety of contributions on any of the projects we have lined up for 2013-2014.

1. Clean Up - For a long time we've meant to release more attack animations and with it, more weapons. We've decided to make due on this and are actively working on cleaning up the player sprite equipment frames so we can make this dream a reality...and soon.

Other parts of clean up include: fixing our tilesets so empty space can be eliminated from them and prevent future errors in their use during map building, renaming our maps so they can be more easily understood, cleaning old manaserv code from maps, fix items and equipment icons and so on.

2. Crypt - Finally, we may see the reaper in the game regularly, along with a large number of cohorts. While the concept has changed a great deal from where it started from, this will become a slightly more powerful area than the Graveyard, with a variety of traps and new monsters, new equipment and new ways of using equipment. This will also be our Halloween holiday release.

3. Tonori Expansion - The desert already got a recent taste from this upcoming large expansion release. Soon we will be able to battle pirates or maybe even visit Gispaa, a town South of Tulimshar.

4. Trade City - This release will change the atmosphere of the game, as it will replace Hurnscald as the primary port city of Argaes. Considerations for low to mid level characters are going to be adapted as well as something for everybody. New tilesets, new monsters, new equipment as well as new takes on old equipment will be brought to bear with this release.

5. Balance - The game has needed to be re-balanced for some time and over these next few releases we will be taking into consideration this effort. Databases are being created now that attempt to bring in the big picture so we can see what we got and where we are going with our equipment releases. By fixing the game balance, we will be able to more readily give a larger variety of equipment features and bonuses which current bring much hand ringing.

With it, we also hope to take into consideration: Our experience system and how levels are gained in game, the power of monsters now and translating that power into our new balance, increasing magic so it can be gained from the start of the game as well as have an additional level of power and so on.

If any of this seems like something you are interested in contact me through PM or check out our project pages located on the wiki here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... y:Projects
Current character is "Abolish".
cinderweb
Peon
Peon

Re: Join the Projects Team!

Post by cinderweb »

I'd like to sign up but I am inexperienced and the first time i do something you always have to give a good examplethat I can copy off of or guide me through the first time. I'm 38 so I am a slow learner but I am trying on this scripting.

Skragar
Note: this forum user was previously known as as jayd6974.
bekka
Peon
Peon

Post by bekka »

Hi there :)

since tux taught me about mapping, I am already practicing :) So I would join and work together with a few working on maps :)
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

jayd6974 wrote:I'd like to sign up but I am inexperienced and the first time i do something you always have to give a good examplethat I can copy off of or guide me through the first time. I'm 38 so I am a slow learner but I am trying on this scripting.

Skragar
Awesome! We regularly use #themanaworld-dev for content development and technical development discussions. You and any others interested are welcome to come on by to discuss with us how you might be able to fit in with what we are trying to achieve. :alt-3:
Current character is "Abolish".
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

I am also interrested. I have absolutely no experience in lots of these things, but I am a fast learner as I am young. I can already make some pixel arts, thought.

Just tell me what I should learn and what I should do and I will do it. I really like this game and I would like to make it even better.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

sacriopsmen wrote:I am also interrested. I have absolutely no experience in lots of these things, but I am a fast learner as I am young. I can already make some pixel arts, thought.

Just tell me what I should learn and what I should do and I will do it. I really like this game and I would like to make it even better.
It seems no one replied to you so far, so I do then:
I think it's the best to join our IRC dev channel and have a talk with the others. Just wait a bit if no one answers immediately :wink:

I was in the same situation not too long ago, not knowing anything, but I learnt some pixel art, scripting and mapping from threads, wiki pages, looking through GitHub and most important talk in IRC, so if you are willing to learn, you'll be able to create stuff for TMW which is both fun for you and a good help for us :D
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy