Magic shield

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

djoe
Newly Registered User

Magic shield

Post by djoe »

I drew a magic shield. can i have feedbacks?

AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Magic shield

Post by AnonDuck »

mmm... donuts....
Head of the TMW Illuminati
djoe
Newly Registered User

Post by djoe »

i spent some hours to improve it..............

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

djoe wrote:i spent some hours to improve it..............

Interesting, or you practice pixel art for some time, or you learnt pretty fast how palette and texture are working!
I don't perfectly know tmw's art guidelines, but you should try to lower your global contrast on your color lights and to reduce your dithering, metal texture doesn't need much dithering.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
djoe
Newly Registered User

Post by djoe »

Reid wrote: Interesting, or you practice pixel art for some time, or you learnt pretty fast how palette and texture are working!
This is something that i didn't understand... What does that mean....? -scratches head confused-
Reid wrote: I don't perfectly know tmw's art guidelines, but you should try to lower your global contrast on your color lights and to reduce your dithering, metal texture doesn't need much dithering.
It's not metal at all really! it's a shield built with some magical polished crystals, i thought that was the right way to use lights and shadows...... it has dimonds on the bottom right and a big gem on the top.... but where is the dithering you are talking about? i read a bit about it but i can't see where i used dithering in the icon........

thanks for the feedback!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

djoe wrote:
Reid wrote: Interesting, or you practice pixel art for some time, or you learnt pretty fast how palette and texture are working!
This is something that i didn't understand... What does that mean....? -scratches head confused-
She meant: "Wow, there's a very big difference between the first version of the shield and the second, you're either already experienced or you must be a very fast learner!"
Reidish is a constantly evolving language.

The shield looks nice, but it has a very complex design, I would try to simplify it a little bit so that it's easier to understand what it actually is.
I like the idea of a shield that (I assume) protects you from magic, it's needed in the game.

TMW Team member