Jack's Dailyquest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Jack's Dailyquest

Post by tux9th »

A new Dailyquest has been added to the content. This has not been discussed nor tested and also I don't agree with the values which were set for this quest.

I added Jack's quest to the wiki and think that the gain of this quest might break the balance of the dailyquests.
look for yourself

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Daily_Quests

I would lower the gained xp per point to 29 and the gained money per point to 152. therefore I would also lower the log cost to something between 5 and 10.

What are your suggestions?
cinderweb
Peon
Peon

Re: Jack's Dailyquest

Post by cinderweb »

the only reason i set the values so high was because there are no other quests for that level so if doing that once a day instead of grinding monsters constantly and getting bored with the game helps them then let it.
Note: this forum user was previously known as as jayd6974.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Jack's Dailyquest

Post by o11c »

The money/d.p. is just fine ... remember that not all drops are equal. Log Heads are *annoying* to fight with their (relatively) high damage resistance
... hm, but the drop itself has a higher rate, and we can't change that without breaking other, more important, things.

The d.p. can't go any higher because of math, but perhaps the number of logs could be increased.

And really, the XP is small however you count it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.