[Testing] Dark Magic

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Saint Tropez
Peon
Peon

Re: [Testing] Dark Magic

Post by Saint Tropez »

Hi all,

wow, great idea, split the both path.
And i hope it's not too late to split the both path properly. 8)

For example, waric can learn only summoning spells.
Remove the dart poison from him.
He is only in war with Sagatha, from my point of view, waric use astral magic but with evil summoning.

Same for the healing.
SriNitayanda is totally right.
Let's a new npc learn sucking life magic.
A witch (burn her) far in the swamp or in a ugly place.
And of course she dont like Eleanore.
The witch (burn her) will learn you Sucking life magic Lv2 and you can suck HP from animals or zombie (zombie have flesh), not skull or skell they cant give you hp (but they can give you mana???).
Only allowed in pvp area on players. 8) (or not :mrgreen: )
and like this is more fun to run to find a zombie in the gy, or if the mage of the light path summon some mush you can suck their life.
Can you summon some snakes to suck their life to save you???
The item needing to cast the spell is the bath teeth (finally we can use them :D ).
And the witch (burn her) can learn you the dart poison instead waric.
Coz in LV3 life magic Eleanore learn how to cure from poison (if i well remember it).
So the witch (burn her) do it in the wrong way :)

The pb is some dark mage already have the life magic lv2 and already use #inma.
The idea is :

-If you dont have learn life magic.
Oh i can feel it... deep from inside you..your evil will...
Let me improve your way of using dark magic and allow me to learn you a way to disturb them more...
you learn sucking life magic lv2...congratz :D

-If you have learn the life magic :|
Oh my... you still have a remain of some dirty light magic in you,
This is your last chance to honor your path pathetic mage.
If you accept totally the path i can learn you a way to survive....
(at this point she (the witch (burn her)) remove the life magic lv2 from you and replace it by Sucking life magic lv2 and allow you to use the spell to suck the life of the living.)
Of course you must have done the Earth spirit quest (kill moobo and tree).

If you refuse to learn and to cross the line as Dark mage, the witch (burn her) will say :
You will pay for this, the big chaos curse you, out of my sight.

And when you use the life magic (#lum+#inma+#manpahil) a strong part of your hp disapear. Atm only a little part is remove when you heal.
This is to avoid Dark mage to be a coward. :lol:

About #asorm, it seems there is a potion (work in progress from Biqcassy) to replace the spell #asorm.
So the dark mage doesnt need to learn this spell if the potion is released.
If not, of course dark mage need #asorm to protect themselves from the lightening :lol:

Have a nice day

Edit : if the idea to split the both path is good enough to you and if you find logical than waric is an astral summoner dont wait to remove the dart poison spell. Someone else can learn it, i dont see the point to see waric learn this spell. And you can add it later or replace it instead a new summon (spiders???)
Saint Tropez
Peon
Peon

Post by Saint Tropez »

Saint Tropez wrote:Hi all,
Edit : if the idea to split the both path is good enough to you and if you find logical than waric is an astral summoner dont wait to remove the dart poison spell. Someone else can learn it, i dont see the point to see waric learn this spell. And you can add it later or replace it instead a new summon (spiders???)
Finally its not a good idea to remove something immediately.
Better to make the change once that all is ready.

If the both path are splitten.
Normally Warrya must not speak to you anymore, even if she learn you the magic.
So after a dark mage have chosen to learn how to suck life from the living.
Why not forbidden Warrya to make mana potion for you?
And you can learn a new spell who suck mana from mobs.
For example :
From skull and skell.
Fire goblin
Raw log
Yeti
Ice element and blue slime.
demonics and punk skell.
So some mobs on each maps but not from all mobs.
Items used : more bat teeth than suck life magic+dark crystal.

Ausbel too, dont speak to you anymore.
A Dark transmutation teacher can appear somewhere.
he can learn you how to do cotton short and cotton pants.
He can learn to the dark mage #gole and how to do iron powder (coz the dark side never forget such thing).
And he can do sulphur powder and iron powder for you with a better ration than Ausbel (just 1 point in more in the ration will be fine)
Of course he will not charge you for his service, coz he is please when you disturb the light path of magic.

Need to improve your dark magic?
Why not turn the lifestone in dark crystal?
So first you will need lifestone...good good or you pay for this or you will lose strong hp from using #manpahil (and why not avoid exp from this kind of spell for the dark mage??? :D ) : life is hard for the dark mage 8)
And dark mage can create a skull figurine (later we can use the skull figurine to summon a skull), as dark transmutation magic instead the moobo figurine and the #parum boo.

And finally the dark path will rule the manaworld and we shall live in peace :lol:

Have a nice day
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

http://git.io/QKC3mw

I changed the #joyplim spell again. if we apply this change dark mages will not get damaged by the joyplim spell, instead they will call :alt-5: this upon the target (or themselves) by using the spell whereas when light or mages who haven't chosen a path yet will cause :alt-3: this.
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Post by Quinny »

Yes for me.