Item Breakage

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

shacknetisp
Newly Registered User

Item Breakage

Post by shacknetisp »

I'd like to implement Item Breakage in a TMW fork I'm developing, but I'm not sure where the relevant code would go.

My plan is for items to take damage during battle, and break when at 0 hitpoints, like in Ryzom.

What would I need to do to get this behaviour?

Thanks!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Item Breakage

Post by o11c »

There used to be some code to do something like this based on a random chance (not item "hp"), but (like practically everything in TMWA) it was buggy, so (since it was also unused) I removed it.

If you're interested in any particular features to be implemented *properly*, the best thing is to help with the incremental infrastructure improvements in the codebase. Tasks that need doing (that won't conflict with *my* work) include: documenting the network protocol, writing a new lexer, rewriting the admin dispatcher. Come to #tmwa if you are interested in helping and willing to put in several hours of work (otherwise, it's just wasting *my* time, I've spent hours explaining this before).

Note, however, that in the foreseeable future, supporting forks is not a goal of TMWA, since they just take away development effort and never give anything in return. And most forks just fail anyway.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.