Additions to Astral Magic

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Re: Additions to Astral Magic

Post by Kazenawa »

tux9th wrote:I just extended the script. Check it out on the testing servers
I've tried it and it worked nice :)
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

thank you very much for testing, and this immensely fast reply. :)
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

It might be important to note that Pauline will take whatever item you type in there, even if it doesn't work as a spell component. I just tested it with BansheeBow and BlackBoots.

I'm not sure if that was planned or not, but players should probably be warned about that through the dialogue.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Yep, that's totally planned.

(I really would like to hack the storage system to make an alternative way to give items, but TMWA has a long way to go yet)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

melkior wrote:It might be important to note that Pauline will take whatever item you type in there, even if it doesn't work as a spell component. I just tested it with BansheeBow and BlackBoots.

I'm not sure if that was planned or not, but players should probably be warned about that through the dialogue.
I'll add a check where she asks "Do you want to give me these items?" (default answer no)

would that be acceptable for you?

is up on both testing servers.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

tux9th wrote:I'll add a check where she asks "Do you want to give me these items?" (default answer no)

would that be acceptable for you?

is up on both testing servers.
That should probably be enough. I just want to avoid a flood of @wgm-s "Bug ate my eyepatch! I was just kidding!"