Additions to Astral Magic

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Additions to Astral Magic

Post by tux9th »

A few days ago I pushed some changes to Astral Magic. I added two new spells. Their current invocations are #ginaria and #mooo

I now implemented them in a magic quest at Pauline which is the Witch outside the Magic School in Tulimshar. Please give her a brief test and give me feedback here. She's on the map 021-1 somwhere around 55,66.

here is the script https://github.com/tux9th/tmwa-server-d ... auline.txt

Thank you very much.
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Re: Additions to Astral Magic

Post by Quinny »

Pauline doesn't do anything for me. It might be that I'm doing something wrong but she just says "I've mastered several schools of magic ECT".
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

sorry about this. something went wrong between my local setup and the one on the testing servers. this should be fixed now.

thanks for the report.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Tested Pauline Quest 09/11/2013

All worked fine. When we know and tell her the ingredients to summon Mouboo and Pinkie, she said "it worked". One moubou is appeared and one pinkie too :) and for the ingredients I told her I received 10 000 xp each.. Cool :)

Thanks tux for these news spells for light path! :)
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Thank you very much for testing Johanne.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Hello Tux,

Is it possible to change the ingredients to summon pinkies by root and bat teeth instead of antennas?

Aw.... Gina is sad about we we kill pinkies for antennas to summon them. :alt-4:

Here some suggestions that Gina told me about Pinkies, they like sweet: cherry cake, candies. but they don't like fruits from snails.

Regards :)
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Post by Quinny »

Would it make her feel better if they where added to the #chipchip list? This way we could still get our items and not kill them. I could be wrong but I think tux is already working on this.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Don't fall for her trap! Ginaria is not really interested in saving the pinkies - just sneaking up on them so that she can kill them stealthily!

It doesn't make sense to take a pinkie's antenna without killing it ... I'm pretty sure that's where they keep their brain.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Quinny wrote:Would it make her feel better if they where added to the #chipchip list? This way we could still get our items and not kill them. I could be wrong but I think tux is already working on this.
Yeah! Awsome nice idea to use more chipchip!!!!! Perhaps, she will be glad! :lol:
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I have heard that the antenna keeps growing and becomes so long that it hinders the pinkie when jumping and hiding from PCs. Sagatha told me last week that it would be a good idea to help those pinkies and cut their antenna. The blob at the end reforms within minutes.

If Sagatha says so it has to be true though she's one vicious Female dog, wolf, fox or otter.

with best regards tux9th
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

As the designers of the pinkies I know exactly what's the purpose of their antennas. But I won't tell you, because you couldn't handle the horrible truth.

But now please back to topic. This is a development forum! Last on-topic post was:
Quinny wrote:Would it make her feel better if they where added to the #chipchip list? This way we could still get our items and not kill them. I could be wrong but I think tux is already working on this.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

What I said meant that I added pinkies to the chip chip list and pink antennas can now be farmed using #chipchip
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

I've done the quest without any issue. The two spells work for me and i've got the 20k total exp.

However, Pauline doesn't know the ingredients to cast the spell. Once the player has found how to cast it, maybe he should bring her the items no ? She's not supposed to have it ?
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

To be honest that's not a bad idea, also not so hard to implement. I'll give it a shot!
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I just extended the script. Check it out on the testing servers