Houses

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Houses

Post by triforce_hyrule »

i got an idea to open those houses in hurnscald and tulimshar, i know that will be empty but can be nice for spawn monsters or games to find the GM or kill the GM.

give your opinions please :)
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

--Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Houses

Post by wushin »

I don't know what to think but the Topic of Moving GM events does come up a bit.
I'm not sure why the are always in the middle of Hurnscald?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think that having lots of empty houses would be rather frustrating for players to explore. When a player explores the area and only finds empty houses without any interesting features, they will likely stop exploring and miss all the content in the houses which do have something interesting.

Thus I would recommend to only open houses when there are meaningful NPCs to place there.

Quantity is nothing without quality.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

For future development Ideas I do have a concept about adding the ability to steal from houses and get thrown into prison.
Once in prison you can Pay your fine, work it off in the mines, or fight your way out gladiator style.
But this idea goes along with making the houses and items within them searchable and interactable.
For an Example of Interactable objects log into Evol Online.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

wushin wrote:For future development Ideas I do have a concept about adding the ability to steal from houses and get thrown into prison.
Once in prison you can Pay your fine, work it off in the mines, or fight your way out gladiator style.
This sounds like an idea which would work much better in the context of a single-player RPG than a multi-player RPG.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Granted in a Single PLayer game you could do more, but it will work fine for a MMORPG.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

TMWA adventures is planned to bring the feeling of a single-player (or rather coop multiplayer) to an MMORPG ... but it's time limited so I don't see any case where houses would be implemented.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

It would be fun to have one of those little houses in Tulimshar as a bunk house inside. By magic it can be bigger inside than it is outside (that concept already exists in The Mana World: like Santa's House in Nivalis). An idea for an NPC is Sandman. Maybe a silly alterative for Tulsimshar to mimic Hurnscald's "the town map". No one can sleep in the beds all thoughout The Mana World because the tiles do not match up for the player-sets and there are collision tiles ovet the beds (keeping us from even juming on beds). If enough players chose to congregate in the bunk house, the gag would be that they are staying up talking because they can not get to sleep. Maybe Sandman could randomly broadcast on the bunkhouse map at random intervals captured dialog spoken in town (Hurnscald). :alt-0:
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99