Quest & Story line ideas

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Quest & Story line ideas

Post by wushin »

Looking for new quests and story line Ideas. please post or link to posts.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Quest & Story line ideas

Post by mas886 »

I think that it would be good to implement the assasin set in some new quest, or we will never see it in game!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Most of the gear that was unreleased will be be able to come in soon.
most was held off as item restrictions needed to be be fixed.
I have a patch in for that so, soon more equipment with come in game.
It's planned to introduce new stuff when we balance items to fill the open holes.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Psychodelic
Novice
Novice

Post by Psychodelic »

l have a idea for halloween 2013.

Fire Mask can be used for Halloween!

Depredador
League Of Legends
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

- The powerful evil sage has sent agents to assassinate santa claus or other sage of kaizei. It is up to the characters to feed a magic barrier to keep it powerful and to defeat any assassins that attempt to attack and weaken the barrier.

- The Cult of Golbenez has formed and its agents cross time and space to ensure their inevitable victory...the destruction of reality. It is up to the characters to foil a series of plots formed by the cult and to prove to themselves and the world that fate isn't set in stone.

- A group of Therminors made a flying contraption that was initially successful, but the cold winds tossed it through the air and they crashed just outside of Nivalis. They need materials to rebuild and go home.

- Dimond's Cove has been raided by powerful bandits and Lora Tay's apprentice has been kidnapped and taken to a deeper part of the bandit cave.

- A carnival has come to Hurnscald. Tons of mini games...and some sort of hidden sinister agenda is hatched by a group of evil mages posing as carnies.
Current character is "Abolish".
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

Cerhan @Reid's Inn finally gets his smithy going. But those drunken skeletons downstair annoy the hell out of him (pun intended). So he sends the player to shut them up by brutal force and thereby teaching them a lesson! Bring him:
X x Jar of Blood
Y x Jack O lantern [Edit]
etc...
as proof of your commitment to the task and receive one of these:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ed_Weaponshttp://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ed_Weapons
(I don't know, if they are just icons or there's more to them than that)
OR
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =2&t=17207
OR
(whatever)

Cheers!
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Why not expound on some old unfinished story-lines?

Examples:
Angus in the miners camp building has been sitting there FOREVER trying to get his mechanical contraption fixed. What is it? Can our hero help?

The miners in the cellar of dimond's cove have never repaired the tunnel. Why not? Where does it lead?

The musicians in dimond's can't play. Could we add some code to let them play a few different tunes?

I'm sure there are others..
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

crosspost from here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17866
Fortunato wrote:
o11c wrote:At this risk of turning this flamewar into a productive discussion ...
v0id wrote:there is a need for an alternate way to gather terranite ore and amethysts.
Maybe we could use this as part of the "move players out of Hurnscald and into Tulimshare so new players aren't lonely" incentive?
There is this breach in the middle of the Tulimshar sewers - 2 Terranites there would be fun! One of those construction worker NPCs (or that guy at the western sewer entrance, forgot the name) could inform players about the dangers of that terranite breach.

Background story along the lines of: the terranites were tunneling down there and accidentally broke through the sewer walls - now they are a danger to tulimshar's sewer maintenance workers. They are always looking for people to contain the situation - maybe this NPC even buys terranite ore for some work well done at a fair price...
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

This was originally intended for Land of Fire, but at this time only a few ideas were used from it, but with some careful editing of detail, change of NPC here and there, change of location and perhaps different items can be given to the player as well, i think the base story could be used. As you can see it is a quest that continues for the player as they level up. All complete, it is a level 25 to level 70 plus epic quest, that combines single player game play and for the higher level quests, multi player game play 8) http://landoffire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1320and remember, things can be changed in this quest to better fit TMW :)

If anyone has any question, PM me :wink:
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Post by thusmark »

I'd like to see the Kadiya quest implemented. Keep feeling sorry for the poor girl. :alt-4:
Graf Koks
Newly Registered User

Post by Graf Koks »

I think the Kadya is some debris from a former quest involving mopox cure potion, elanore and more things... and yes it should be fixed, as new players get to know her and are left behind with an unfinished story.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

I've been thinking the past few days of a new quest that I believe should be added to TMW. My idea revolves around a romantic male NPC in Tulimshar who is working on the reconstruction after the great quake. He is magically inclined in the art of making diamonds much quicker than the usual geologic time. Sadly, he had one made one for his love in Hurnscald but it was lost or stolen. He is therefore requesting the help (this is where player comes in) of someone to collect the items he needs (namely coal of some amount, and maybe some concentration potions). The main idea is players will find the NPC in Tulimshar and he will tell his tale of woe about how he wanted to give his love a present, but sadly it is lost, and needs another. He will tell of how diamonds are normally made and how it takes a long time, but with his magic he has discovered a way to speed up the process, and needs the items collected for him (since his stock has conveniently run out). The player returns with the items necessary for the task, and he works his magic and creates a new diamond. Then he asks the player to bring it to his love (he cannot go himself because he is on assignment doing the reconstruction work). She gives the player an item and a letter to return to him, and once the player does this they get the reward. :)

I don't know what sort of reward should be offered for this yet, so far I think that is the only new item that may need to be created for this quest. It would be a great quest for Valentine's Day I think, just wish I had thought of it earlier so it had a greater chance of being implemented then (if my idea is accepted and approved, that is). I hope you guys like my idea. :) Would appreciate any help or guidance and constructive criticism. :)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crazyk8e wrote:I've been thinking the past few days of a new quest that I believe should be added to TMW. My idea revolves around a romantic male NPC in Tulimshar who is working on the reconstruction after the great quake. He is magically inclined in the art of making diamonds much quicker than the usual geologic time. Sadly, he had one made one for his love in Hurnscald but it was lost or stolen. He is therefore requesting the help (this is where player comes in) of someone to collect the items he needs (namely coal of some amount, and maybe some concentration potions). The main idea is players will find the NPC in Tulimshar and he will tell his tale of woe about how he wanted to give his love a present, but sadly it is lost, and needs another. He will tell of how diamonds are normally made and how it takes a long time, but with his magic he has discovered a way to speed up the process, and needs the items collected for him (since his stock has conveniently run out). The player returns with the items necessary for the task, and he works his magic and creates a new diamond. Then he asks the player to bring it to his love (he cannot go himself because he is on assignment doing the reconstruction work). She gives the player an item and a letter to return to him, and once the player does this they get the reward. :)

I don't know what sort of reward should be offered for this yet, so far I think that is the only new item that may need to be created for this quest. It would be a great quest for Valentine's Day I think, just wish I had thought of it earlier so it had a greater chance of being implemented then (if my idea is accepted and approved, that is). I hope you guys like my idea. :) Would appreciate any help or guidance and constructive criticism. :)
I like your idea Katie. At least there would be a love story that doesn't finishes bad. :lol:
Also I like the idea of making diamonds with coal and concentration (diamond is concentrated coal isn't it?). The most obvious rewards would be a diamond ring or a Valentine dress, but they are already used elsewhere; maybe it is not a major obstacle. In this case the amount of required coal could be comparable to the amount needed for simple ring. Another idea would be to reward with a set of Valentine cards that you could send (when mail is included in server code) to characters of your choice. The cards would be usable and give some stat temporary boost and display a heart emote above the char head.
As diamonds can be found (somewhat easily) by other ways in game I suggest that crafted diamonds should have something special which make them different from dropped ones, like some magic power that could be brought by some additional material (and the intervention of a mage?). For example: A giant plant grows somewhere in TMW (Tonori? I have a couple of ideas about the place). This plant, the Manentine, blooms in February with a giant flower (love flower?). Get the flower and bring it back to
the crafter (or to the mage, chemist (Wyara?)... ).
Those are the first thoughts that come to me. Anyway your Idea again seems promising to me.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

This sounds similar to a part of the valentines day quest being worked on :)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chicka-Maria wrote:This sounds similar to a part of the valentines day quest being worked on :)
When Katie proposed her idea, she didn't know that you had been working on a Vday event. For my side, the last thing I heard about was last year, and am not aware of any of your ideas. :/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.