Holiday Event [TEST]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Holiday Event [TEST]

Post by wushin »

The official test server currently has the holiday event:

Maps:
- All towns now have a Decorated Tree.
- 030-2 Christmas Inn & 030-3 Caves under Inn

Quest:
- Main Starts either at Elijas on 030-2 or Orum's Homunculus 030-3
- Naughty & Nice Quest lines
- Annual & recurring
- List Gathering, Various children NPCs forgot to give their lists, go collect them.
- Helpers need help, Various NPCs within the Christmas Inn and One helper outside the inn need your help
- You can complete both quests without helping everyone but the reward is based on completion percentage.
- Boss Fight is group battle, battle changes depending on who starts it.
- Quest reward is a Xp/Boss points possibly a level.
- Main Reward happens later during the reward time
-- A present will appear under the trees and be openable by the player for their final reward

Mobs:
- Pollett, means token in Norwegian. As in ever open source project needs a token penguin.
- Nutcracker, for main boss fight
- Candied Slime, ranged variant similiar to green slime
- Santaboo, variant of Reinboo.

Items:
- AmberChristmasSweater, FunkyChristmasSweater, PinkChristmasSweater, DarkChristmasSweater, BlueChristmasSweater, RedStockings, PollettEgg, NutcrackerHat, WhiteWrap, YellowWrap, BlueWrap, PurpleWrap, GreenWrap

Function:
- Doors/NPC/Gaurds stop certain quest lines
- Boss fight should be redoable for a price
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Holiday Event [TEST]

Post by wushin »

######### SPOILER ###########
Spoiler:
Nice:
1) Elija
2) Get list from children, Hide-n-seekers, Sick Girl in Tulimshar (east of bazaar), and Rossy.
3) Chief -> Avalia
4) Chief (helpers quest)
5) Helpers needed, Santas, Glitter Helper, Storage, Acorns, Bedding. Most give positive karma for nice completion.
6) Avalia
7) reagents
8) Boss fight
9) Availa
10) End Reward
11) Done.

Naughty is the same except Avalia is Orum's Homunculus and you have to bang your fist on the basement passage to get back into the Inn, which requires you to sabotage the list & speak with Orum.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

:alt-2: please also try to form groups and see how the end fight goes, (after someone fixed the mess we caused on test server). If it is too easy or too hard or whatever, be as verbose as possible ( i also read long text ;) )
And if you have problems determinating what your next step of action should be, reread the npc you visited before, if you still do not understand what to do please post here or PM me or wushin, because then you are on to a usability issue.

Thx for testing :D

PS: If you report it is most convenient you write your location on the map ( F10 - player position ) or the name of the npc you are haveing problems with and your quest state (the debug santas should inform you about that).
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

First of all a great thanks to our devoted testers :) With your help we were able to determine quite some inconveniences / bugs in the quest line, as of now those are:

Currently known issues:
  • Orum's Homunculus talks to players as if they had met before (likely fixed, not yet on testing)
  • Christmas Stockings have weird stats (fixed not yet on testing)
  • Debug NPC doesnt show if boss fight status is completed (likely fixed, not yet on testing)
  • The christmas trees are clickable but do not respond (same should go for their non-event replacements and some nutcrackers)
  • The christmas trees hand out an infinite amount of rewards
  • Event time does not automatically change if the date changes (atm a restart of the map server is mandatory)
  • mixed up naughty nice path in some npcs (fixed and on testing)
  • players are not guided well enough (work in progress)
  • innumerous dialogue inconsistencies, and spelling errors.
Items that need thorough investigation
  • since this content is supposed to stay in game rather than be commented out we need all christmas related npcs tested for their behaviour during
    Non Event Time (set that state at the debug npc, if that does not work you might want to apply for the testers group and gm lvl 20 on testing accordingly)
  • large groups in the bossfight chamber to see if that breaks anything
  • Also try to talk to npcs during the reward period, since the event time will slip into the meant reward time we might need to allow coninuing the quest line for that time
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Updated test with some patches to the quest. Your Quest should reset when going back to test to test.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I'm already stuck after collecting the lists:
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (157.2 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
Also other rather minor things:
  • The penguin's death frame is too long
  • Nut Cracker NPCs Valjas, Halas and Kilis don't talk (no reaction when clicking at them)
  • Verneri: "Nothing like the getting past the holiday rush to make you dread next season." <<< sounds a bit weird ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

On test server I found that, even after all Christmas lists are collected, NPC Eljas reported it as not being collected. I suppose even after all christmas lists are collected from childs, the information isn't stored on the database's account specific table successfully. Since the issue is reproducible, it can be debugged step by step.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

:alt-0: thanks for the good work :alt-0:
I think we are almost ready to launch.

another already known and also fixed but not yet active issue is:

you can only get one reward either from a tree or form avalia/orum. This is *not* on purpose and will be fixed with the next restart of the map server.

Regarding the reports:
iceslice wrote:On test server I found that, even after all Christmas lists are collected, NPC Eljas reported it as not being collected. I suppose even after all christmas lists are collected from childs, the information isn't stored on the database's account specific table successfully. Since the issue is reproducible, it can be debugged step by step.
Cassy wrote:I'm already stuck after collecting the lists:
this should be fixed now, try and check to be certain :alt-7:
Cassy wrote:Nut Cracker NPCs Valjas, Halas and Kilis don't talk (no reaction when clicking at them)
yes i had a comit ready for that. now they say: "..."
Cassy wrote:Verneri: "Nothing like the getting past the holiday rush to make you dread next season." <<< sounds a bit weird ;)
not a bug :alt-9:
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

Our testing players have done a gread job so far, it seems like the amount of inconsistencies is greatly diminished, players will not get stuck in any state anymore, the reward system has been sanitized (randomness >>> haveing been naughty/nice before).

I changed the logic of the santas helper quest, please test if the quest still behaves well.
Otherwise it seems that besides typos existing bugs are now less obvious. Please also try to do some testing while event time is set to 0 (no event time) and to 1 (reward time) and see if you can do things you think shouldnt be possible during those periods.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

the children still had a smalll bug that led to players having to check lists from a child npcs twice from time to time, sorry that i didnt investigate those reports more thoroughly ealrlier :oops:

So far thank you for the awesome work,
t3st3r, spackn, Johanne, SriNitayanda, Acid Storm, St. Tropez, Cassy, iceslice and all those who I forgot :alt-6:

I made some small post release fixes ( for beauty and balance), they are on testing.themanaworld.org as usual.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Xmas Chamber Fixes
- Should no longer get stuck
- Has a bit more challenge to sitting
- Cooldown in between rounds to allow changing of the guard
- Allowing Entry/Exit but not Start
- You can't start an infinite amount of events via people who can repeat and get to the same point in dialogue.
Xmas Reward/Event time fixed to properly display proper event mode
semiRocket
Newly Registered User

Post by semiRocket »

Found that warps to map 019-3 from another map get to weird location, probably because of non-existing coordinates.

maps/019-1.tmx

Code: Select all

<property name="dest_map" value="019-3"/>
    <property name="dest_tile_x" value="39"/>
    <property name="dest_tile_y" value="101"/>
Correct: 40,97

maps/019-4.tmx

<property name="dest_tile_x" value="57"/>
    <property name="dest_tile_y" value="48"/>
Correct: 57,44

Also warp from 019-1 to 019-3 (north entrance) could be a little better

maps/019-1.tmx

<property name="dest_tile_x" value="98"/>
    <property name="dest_tile_y" value="30"/>
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

warps are correct, someone tangled with 019-3. I'll try and repair.

fixed