Code dump

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

GARRETTtheGREAT
Novice
Novice

Code dump

Post by GARRETTtheGREAT »

For a while, I tinkered with the idea of re-writing the TMWA servers from scratch, while still keeping fully compatibility with the existing servers' protocols.

Essentially, I didn't get anywhere with it and I don't think I'll be continuing the project any time soon, but I'm providing the little that I came up with here in hopes that some part of it may be useful.

Here's the login for my SVN server:

http://svn.aliantha.net/tmwa/
User: tmw
Pass: tmw
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Code dump

Post by o11c »

I thought about that approach, but I decided against it because the complex inter-server communications are already fragile enough.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Every software project looks trivial, as long as you don't look too closely at all the countless little details, doesn't it? :alt-6:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
GARRETTtheGREAT
Novice
Novice

Post by GARRETTtheGREAT »

Crush wrote:Every software project looks trivial, as long as you don't look too closely at all the countless little details, doesn't it? :alt-6:
You sir, are in the presence of a master of overestimating the triviality of a project. Which is probably why I don't have time to work on this much right now :P

I'm the type of programmer that picks every little detail apart and doesn't stop until the entire program unravels into a pile of /** @TODO: implement this */