Magic progress

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Magic progress

Post by o11c »

I've finally made a lot of progress on getting rid of flex and bison from the build process and using a saner magic format.

I've pushed the new server data to https://github.com/o11c/tmwa-server-data/tree/sexpr

Due to the automated conversion process, there are 3 things that need to be manually fixed:
  • the location of comments
  • the placement of blank lines and linebreaks
  • the indentation of SCRIPT bodies.
I would greatly appreciated it if someone prepared a commit to clean up those things. Otherwise, it will get into the main repo dirty.

Your resident madman,
-o11c
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Magic progress

Post by Nard »

Reminder:
[2014-03-16 19:21:12] 009-1(48,38) o11c(2162590) : @broadcast Next time I do a main server restart, everyone please remind me to do extra stuff or everything will break.
[2014-03-16 19:21:39] 009-1(48,38) o11c(2162590) : @broadcast (I think people who used the test server in the last day or so got corrupted characters)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

This is now live on the test server.

Please report any crashes; I have touched a LOT related to magic. Particularly, it would be beneficial to test every single spell and procedure under every code path.

In other news, this is a reminder that when Ubuntu 14.04 is released (in 23 days), I will be dropping support for gcc 4.6. This will be the last gcc requirement bump for a few years.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

After the latest update.
I tested spells i use most: asorm, plough, betsanc, lum, ingrav, manpahil and inma all seem to work as intended.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

list of spells wrote: #abizit
#parum
#gole
#lum
#flar
#chiza
#itenplz
#modrilax
#modriphoo
#modriyikam
#modrisump
#kalmurk
#miteyo
#kularzufrill
#patmuploo
#patloree
#patviloree
#zukminbirf
#loshira
#skrimp
#inma
#ingrav
#frillyar
#upmarmu
#halhiss
#phlex
#helorp
#plugh
#betsanc
#joyplim
#kaflosh
#chipchip
#asorm
#kalrenk
#kalakarenk
#kalboo
#kalgina
#inwilt
#manpahil
#inzuwilt
#anwiltyp
#anju
#flarfol
#kalzumin
#anwilvimar
#vorp
debug
debug+1
debug-1
debug+16
debug-16
debug+256
debug-256
debug-reset
marry
#g
#s
#alonzialonzo
#e
hug
*hug*
*hug
hugs
*hugs*
*hugs
#catalazuli
#pullrabbit
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Reports about magic attacks using bow animation are apparently wushin's bug, not mine.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

ingrav crashes when naked

investigating ...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I've discovered the cause of the crash when you attack with no weapon - a bug in old code. It was actually exposed by the change before the magic change.

The main server is not vulnerable because the out-of-bounds access hits a field that consists entirely of zeros.
I have put up a warning on the test server's news asking people to please avoid the crash until it is fixed.