Player Account Management

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Player Account Management

Post by wushin »

I know in the past a number of various elements held up the possibility of a player managing their account info.
I'm wondering what technical hurdles might still be in the way of changing account info and/or submitting various requests via a Web Portal.
Functions I know I'd like:
1) Password Reset sent to the email on the account.
2) Queue Character Copy to Test.
3) Submit GM Ticket. (player to player complaints)
4) Submit Admin Ticket. (player borked something on their account, game cheated them, restoration, etc.)
4a) Mind you this last one will require the player to tie their account deeper into TMW in order to create a chain of custody on the account.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Player Account Management

Post by o11c »

Mostly, this is missing someone to actually write the web interface for it.

Also, since features like "copy to test" can't currently be implemented, it's kind of pointless to list them now.

(Not to self, avoid polyamory).

I'm not sure what "submit GM ticket" will offer in improvement over the numerous methods players already have to contact a GM.

I strongly suggest against having players contact admins for anything other than password resets - and once password resets are automated, there won't even be any need for that.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Player Account Management

Post by wushin »

Submitting a GM ticket through web would be for when the response time in game is non-existant or issue without a time constraint.
Admin tickets could also be the same, it could just be a simple form that emails a central email with a tagged subject line.

copy to test was more of a "what do people want." vs. "what can we do."
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.